Rant of the day

"Hi"

GOD I hate that!! Whyyyyyyyyy do so many guys PM you and simply say one word??? I seriously doubt any of them walk up to people IRL they never have met and do that. If they do, I am sure they get blanks looks of "Yea? Do I know you?" Well guess what "Hi" guys? THAT is the reaction you get on here as well!

It's annoying enough that guys view me as entertainment to fill there time. But add in the notion that I am a vending machine they can stick a coin in and get the desired result - well that really is annoying!!

/end rant

This topic was edited
RE:Rant of the day

Hi

This post was edited

So, someone saying hi really stomps your day? Now I'm wondering how many people I say hi to daily. Rarely in chat but often IRL.

This post was edited

To clarify to Boopers point - I didn't mean saying "Hi" in real life never happens or is some issue. I am a runner, trust me I go by and say Hi to people all the time. What I said was "walk up to people and say Hi" in real life. In other words, walk up to a total stranger and expect them to talk to you simply by saying Hello.

This post was edited

Ive said hi with a brief introduction, often it gets ignored. So I can see how some people just say Hi first. ( not that I do it) .

But yes it annoys me too. Lol.

This post was edited

Yes Julie you blocked me for some reason too. Lol

This post was edited

i was raised to say "hi" as a form of being polite whether you on or off the net. i have tried being creative as a way to break the ice and i have gotten blocked or almost banned on chat. before i pm anyone whether they be male or female i read their profile to see if there is something i can ask or something to spark a conversation. most of the time i find nothing especially if there isnt much on the profile to ask that isnt already covered. or if the persons profile has anything its not just men but also women that have blanks as well. yes i would pm a woman on chat that a guy because it gets boring being a in a guy group. if you have been in one you have basically been to them all.

so i do whats safe and say hi when im online not as sign of being irritating but because its safe. as far as saying hi in person. it depends on situation. i dont socialize with a lot of people i dont know due to my anxiety but when im at comic cons in costume or if i see someone that is having a rough time ill muster up my courage and walk over and say hi how are you. you look like you could use someone to de stress. at first they will look at me strange and they will either welcome the company or walk away but thats on them. the old ways of being neighborly is dead.

so for anyone that reads this if i say hi its not because i dont want to be original its because whats said on your profile feels like it could make a simple greeting feel like a mine field if the person on the other end takes it the wrong way. example on one of the woman profiles here they said they like marvel movies and so i thought hey common ground. at the time of the pm i sent thor love and thunder had just came out so i thought the person may have seen it and so i asked what their fave scene. i didnt say what my scene was because i didnt want to spoil the movie. instead of saying i havent seen it yet or something along those lines this person went way left field trying to say i was being rude and said they would get me banned from chat for being direct in asking about a movie. its the same question i would ask anyone thats in my circle of nerds. so after that i said to myself no more creative pm ill just stick to basics and if i get ignored than i do its still better than being falsely accused. before anyone asks no she wasnt slim or athletic type she was average to big and sporting marvel merch in her profile pic

This post was edited

"Hi"GOD I hate that!! Whyyyyyyyyy do so many guys PM you and simply say one word??? I seriously doubt any of them walk up to people IRL they never have met and do that. If they do, I am sure they get blanks looks of "Yea? Do I know you?" Well guess what "Hi" guys? THAT is the reaction you get on here as well!It's annoying enough that guys view me as entertainment to fill there time. But add in the notion that I am a vending machine they can stick a coin in and get the desired result - well that really is annoying!!/end rant

Well, I'm a loner. My social skills are not very good, at all. In fact, I can dislike trying to connect with others, men, women or whatever. Having said that, I am a lonely person that does want some companionship, but not just any person will do. It has to be some one I can really relate to, have mutual understanding. I'm not a guy that randomly says "hi" to any woman. There has to be something in them that I'm curious about... but then again, my lack of social skills prevents me from approaching some women that I'm genuinely interested in meeting. It's a strong hit to me when I've had rejections from the few that I've approached, so, reaching out to women on the internet can make the blow not as hard as in person.

Not speaking for all other men, but my experience can also be another man's experience.

This post was edited

I totally agree with you. Its very irritating when you get a 2 letter word and expecting some interaction. yeah, my interaction is block, you fool. When i send out a msg, i send them a few sentences as i would expect the same. It doesnt matter if they respondo or not, I know i put in the effort. To me, its really cheesy. 'HI'....like wtf? It just shows their lack of consideration and respect to warrant a meaningful reply. So yeah, totally agree. Thats just my 2 cents worth at the supermarket self checkout lane. Have a fabulous day folks.

This post was edited