What are the best ships to be naked on?

Generally speaking, I've had much better luck on the older ships that haven't been amplified yet. The balcony's on the suites and even regular balcony rooms are more spacious.....the spas are single sex and allow you to be naked etc. The newer ships see those things as a waste of space and try to find creative ways to monetize them. As a result, I prefer sailing on the older ships. Is this what you have experienced as well?

This topic was edited
RE:What are the best ships to be naked on?

My first cruise was on Princess 22 years ago. The balcony was small and the sauna in the men's locker room didn't allow full nudity, but a towel was sufficient. The most recent cruise U took was on Norwegian, a fairly new ship. Much larger balcony. Two adults only sundeck. I suggested that one should be clothing optional, but didn't get a response.

This post was edited

I posted something similar in another thread. The newer Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and now Celebrity's Edge Class ship have done away with single sex facilities in favor of for profit co-ed ones. Carnival seems to have kept a sauna in the locker rooms on their new ships. Royal has even gone back to the Voyager and Freedom class ships and removed the great sauna and steam room they had. I look the deck plans now of the older ships before booking. I wouldn't mind paying for the use of the facilities if the co-ed ones were clothing optional. On Royal's Oasis class ships, there is only a for fee co-ed sauna and steam room. I wear just a towel there.

This post was edited

None of them with the exception of whatever ship is being chartered for a nude cruise (which lately has tended to be older Carnival ships). These do have saunas inside each locker room, but for the nude sailings they are both open to everyone.

Even though we always get a balcony or mini suite on textile cruises, we always look to the ports of call to see if any have good nude beaches or resorts since nude time onboard will be minimal.

This post was edited

The Big Nude Boat cruises on the Bare Necessities website since it is all for nudists and all people are always nude on the boat except in the formal dining room which requires clothing while I go nude in the regular dining room and sit on a towel obtained at the entrance for all nude diners. Then clothing is required when in port and when traveling to a nude beach, then of course, the clothes come off.
I highly recommend you go on one of those cruises. My wife is not into nudisty nor cruising either so I am always looking for another nudist guy to share the cost of a two bed cabin. The 2022 Big Nude Boat cruise is already sold out, but the 2023 cruise is not. If you are interested check it out on the barenecessities.com website.
Happy to answer any questions.
Big Nude Hugs
Hickguy MD

This post was edited

The Big Nude Boat cruises on the Bare Necessities website since it is all for nudists and all people are always nude on the boat except in the formal dining room which requires clothing while I go nude in the regular dining room and sit on a towel obtained at the entrance for all nude diners. Then clothing is required when in port and when traveling to a nude beach, then of course, the clothes come off.I highly recommend you go on one of those cruises. My wife is not into nudisty nor cruising either so I am always looking for another nudist guy to share the cost of a two bed cabin. The 2022 Big Nude Boat cruise is already sold out, but the 2023 cruise is not. If you are interested check it out on the barenecessities.com website.Happy to answer any questions.Big Nude HugsHickguy MD

I wouldnt say all people are always nude. Those of us that stay nude at all times while at sea are in the minority but at any given time there are always a good amount of nude people, especially up by the pool. When eating, nudity is only allowed in the buffet and at other food options on the pool deck. The main dining room and all specialty dining areas require covering, but you dont have to dress formal. You can be nude at the bars (unless it is a specialty dining area like a sushi bar) so you can get creative with appetizers there too.

This post was edited

NCL used to have "Freestyle Sundecks" that allowed nudity, but unfortunately they got rid of those. On NCL, the Jewel class ships (Jewel, Gem, Jade and Pearl) have great thermal suites in the spa that have men's and women's sides with steam, sauna, jacuzzi, cold plunge and showers that are great for some nudity time!!

This post was edited

NCL used to have "Freestyle Sundecks" that allowed nudity, but unfortunately they got rid of those. On NCL, the Jewel class ships (Jewel, Gem, Jade and Pearl) have great thermal suites in the spa that have men's and women's sides with steam, sauna, jacuzzi, cold plunge and showers that are great for some nudity time!!

When we went on our Panama Canal cruise there were a significant number of European and South American passengers. While I didn't see anyone nude, there were a fair number of topless women, despite signs prohibiting it,
There is a significant upcharge for using the spa.

This post was edited

All you need is a balcony cabin and if you are on the sunny side of the ship you can work on the all over tan.

This post was edited

All you need is a balcony cabin and if you are on the sunny side of the ship you can work on the all over tan.

This post was edited

Usually I would agree with you but on our most recent cruise, we had 2 little boys who liked to peek around the divider.

This post was edited