Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

Who else is into this beer? I just found out about it during Thanksgiving. I went to Total Wine and bought $200 worth. The different varieties and tastes are insanely good. What else is out there?

This topic was edited
RE:Goose Island Bourbon County Stout

Who else is into this beer? I just found out about it during Thanksgiving. I went to Total Wine and bought $200 worth. The different varieties and tastes are insanely good. What else is out there?

I've heard of this brand and now visited their website, so considering buying a sixer and seeing what I've been missing. Thanks for the head's up. Those folks up in the midwest have a knack for the brew, don't they? I wish I'd known of them when I was up near Chicago this summer - I might've made the effort to go to see them and sup some of their product.

It would've been somewhat ironic to go drink a brew while on a journey to celebrate the life of my dad who died last year at the ripe, old age of ninety. He was over forty years sober! He would've laughed at that irony because he was almost always laughing about something, including himself. I raise my coffee cup to him!

This post was edited

Yes, this company definitely does it right. I will continue to buy them every year now during their limited edition stout brand. You should still be able to find the general one in a grocery store or beer store near you. The other editions that came out this year are mostly likely gone already. They only distributed the real special editions to select stores. Let me know what you think of it if you're able to get some.

Thanks for sharing the story of your day. He had it right though. We always need to celebrate life. The people we love always want to make sure when they leave us we are happy and will always remember them. Life is too short, but so much love and happiness happens along the way. Cheers to your dad and his life!

This post was edited

They have some great stouts but have gotten too crazy for me with some of the variations. Not to mention the price of these bottles. I would love to try all the different ones each year but besides the availability, it's gotten too crazy for me. But if I see any on tap, I'll probably get a pint...I do have some older bottles...need to drink my 2017 sometime this year now.

This post was edited

The prices are really up there, but I think they are worth it. I had a bottle from 2017 and it was definitely a great beer. Defintiely one of, if not the best stout I ever had.

This post was edited

I always look forward to BCS. Only a few years ago it was almost impossible to get after the day of release, which is the day after Thanksgiving. When they began making variants those were even more difficult to find. However, now they are making more of both and they are readily available for some time. It is always a delicious beer!

This post was edited

I am just happy that one of my buddies told me about it. I have a few bottles aging at my house now. I can't wait to open them a few years from now.

This post was edited

I have a 2017 regular stout I forgot about and will open next week. Love how they slowly change over the years.

This post was edited

I have a 2017 regular stout I forgot about and will open next week. Love how they slowly change over the years.

Wish I was there to try some.

This post was edited

In the meantime its Voodoo Ranger

This post was edited

It was a while ago, but Ive had their IPA and nut brown ale. Enjoyed both, but especially loved the nut brown ale. Heaven with a foamy head!

This post was edited