My kind of group

As a long time Crown Royal drinker (31 years) I was gifted several Christmases ago with a bottle of Glenlivet 12. A very smooth well aged single malt Scotch imported from Scotland. I now have a new favorite, however it is often difficult to find in Oklahoma, so I drive 4 hours to Texas and pick it up. I introduced my oldest grandson to Scotch, as he is a beer drinker, and we managed to wipe out a 5th in 1 sitting over about 4 hours. Needless to say, the next day he didn't make it to work, but that is another story. I like mine 2 fingers (standing up fingers) to get a "wee bit o' the taste" . Anyone else on here developed a new favorite?

This topic was edited
RE:My kind of group

I went to Scotland last spring and went on a whisky tour. I loved all of the Highland/Speyside whisky they had. I have been a Crown Royal drinker also for many years. Scottish whisky is now my favorite.

This post was edited

I'm more of a craft beer drinker, but I am moving to the whiskey side as well. I guess you can just say that I appreciate good alcohol, and experiencing different tastes.

My go to is Makers Mark or Jameson.

This post was edited

Jameson is an excellent choice. I drank (quaffed, my wife said) quite a bit of beer in my younger years, then went to Vodka, after a short stint of the bourbon and coke (to damn sweet!) routine, switched to Crown when gifted a bottle by a co-worker, many years ago. My old man said it was just my taste buds growing up.

This post was edited

Crown is good. I am going to keep doing craft beer, but love a good old fashion. I went to a Mexican restaurant last weekend. They tried to do an old fashion with tequila. It wasn't terrible, but not as good as the original.

This post was edited

I like Spayside single malt scotch whisky straight from the bottle. My parents lived in Fife - in the village where they produce Haig whisky. I would not give normal Haig cupboard space! But I was given a bottle from the Haig Club. Totally different and very drinkable

This post was edited

I am more of a Canadian whiskey fan. Not much for Scotch ! The peat makes for a wood taste.

But Irish, oh now thats tasty. Dont mind Bourbon, lots of different ones out there.

Tall glass over ice and some water. Makes the drink last longer. Short ones go down too fast. Lol

But thinking about going back to some good tequila, like 1800. Even have a nice bottle of Petrone to drink. But oh you have to be careful with tequila. The next morning does hurt sometimes. lol

This post was edited

Powers Irish whiskey is my special go to whiskey, every year for my birthday I will enjoy a bottle of Powers, a pint of Guinness and an Acid by Drew Estate Rom cigar life doesnt get any better.

This post was edited

In the cigar department, I have found a strong liking to the Tatianna Vanilla. very smooth draw, pleasant odor, and I have yet hear a woman complain about it.

This post was edited

Oh theres a great idea ! Theres a cigar store in our new town. (Small town now). Weather a little warmer and sit outside for the sunset naked, drinking a great whiskey and smoking a good cigar.

Not sure how things could be better ? Hmmm maybe camping ? But at home hmmm

This post was edited

A few years ago we were at a canoe symposium in Aviemore. On the Saturday evening there was whisky tasting with a rep from Balvenie. In turn, we were each given plastic shot glasses with different varieties. Then, for the finale, he produced two bottles of the Balvenie Portwood and gave one bottle to each end of the horseshoe group. Most of us still had the five glasses from earlier samples, so we topped up all of them before passing the bottle. It was the smoothest Scotch we'd ever had. On the journey south, we stopped at a service area that had a whisky counter. The Balvenie Portwood was over 100 a bottle. I think the 21-year old is now 210 a bottle. Should I start a gofundme page?

This post was edited