Naturism in decline?

Many people here share their opinions about naturism and its decline. Opinions based solely on personal experience not facts not data out side of that.
This article examines the subject with extensive data, research and sourcing for both the US and Europe. Worth reading to fact check the usual dialogue.

https://naturistplace.substack.com/p/participation-in-naturism-has-followed

This topic was edited
RE:Naturism in decline?

Many people here share their opinions about naturism and its decline. Opinions based solely on personal experience not facts not data out side of that.This article examines the subject with extensive data, research and sourcing for both the US and Europe. Worth reading to fact check the usual dialogue.https://naturistplace.substack.com/p/participation-in-naturism-has-followed

While this has some good points, perhaps part of it is the general decline in membership in social groups.
Masons, Lions, Elks. scouting have all declined substantially.
Knights of Columbus have only grown by a combination of expanding to other countries and making it difficult to suspend inactive members.
Nudism may well be moving from organized groups to more of a home based activity with similarly inclided friends.

This post was edited

I agree with the previous poster, in that it's organized social nudity that's in decline, not informal, spontaneous nude socialization. Now that there are a lot of opportunities for that, such as personal hot tubs and swimming pools, there isn't as much of a need for clubs and such.

It's interesting that paid membership in the FKK appears to have declined in Germany, because there are places where nudity is now sanctioned and almost a part of the urban landscape. The battle has been won, and the attitude is that the FKK is no longer needed. Similarly, the United Kingdom seems to have legalized nudity in public spaces, as long as there isn't a prurient component to it. I don't know how that will affect the membership of their clubs and national organizations, but I've heard that the British Naturism society has increased its membership during the Covid pandemic.

I can't discount the efforts of conservative lawmakers and political groups in turning back the tide of what they consider immoral behavior, beginning with abortion laws but including things like drag shows, gay marriages, and such. It's not so much a new thing but a resurgence of attitudes that were common and politically "hot" back in the 1950s, when society was mounting attacks on the old morality with things like Playboy magazine, the defanging of the Comstock Laws, increased access to birth control, and more acceptance of the roles of gays and lesbians in society. It's a backlash that we're seeing now. But I hope that a low-key version of social nudity is here to stay.

This post was edited

SMH

This post was edited