Why not LGBQT+N for Nudist??

I have been a Nudist for roughly 35 years and have seen clothing optional California beaches and resorts closed over the years because a few bad actors. In these WOKE times why are Nudist not afforded the same rights as LGBTQ+. Since I was a baby, I was nude all the time and as I grew up my mother and father said I took my clothes off every chance I had where it waa not considered "unacceptable behavior". I didn't make a conscious decision to be a nudist, I just felt normal nude. I have some gay men and women friends who say they felt the same way about their orientation. If that is true how is being a nudist any different? Just wondering...

This topic was edited
RE:Why not LGBQT+N for Nudist??

Interesting angle. Could even have a striped flag displaying a range of skin tones...

This post was edited

What rights do you want as a naturist?

Im happy with the ones I have.

This post was edited

You seem to be conflating orientation or identity with behavior. You are still free to be naked wherever it's considered socially acceptable. It's just that the realm of socially acceptable public nudity may have decreased since you were a child. You also have the right to identify as nudist as your friends have the right to identify as LGBTQ+. In any case, we are all held accountable for our behavior. Both nudism and LGBTQ+ orientation imply unconventional or nonheteronormative behaviors. My impression is that most people are more accepting than we give them credit for as long as it's in the appropriate setting. For me it's about walking the line between expressing our individuality and freedom and showing respect to others in our public behavior. I just wish there were more settings where public nudity were acceptable and more people who could prioritize respectful nudity in public.

This post was edited

You seem to be conflating orientation or identity with behavior. You are still free to be naked wherever it's considered socially acceptable. It's just that the realm of socially acceptable public nudity may have decreased since you were a child. You also have the right to identify as nudist as your friends have the right to identify as LGBTQ+. In any case, we are all held accountable for our behavior. Both nudism and LGBTQ+ orientation imply unconventional or nonheteronormative behaviors. My impression is that most people are more accepting than we give them credit for as long as it's in the appropriate setting. For me it's about walking the line between expressing our individuality and freedom and showing respect to others in our public behavior. I just wish there were more settings where public nudity were acceptable and more people who could prioritize respectful nudity in public.

Incredibly well said...Thank you.

This post was edited

That has nothing to do with sex orientation

Is, what I was thinking.

This post was edited

Always curious when nudists want to hitch nudist rights to LGBTQIA or other marginalized groups without understanding how they are different. Also wonder if they dont think naturism can stand on its own. Maybe that because of the loss of any real rationale for nudism beyond getting naked. Most have abandoned all the other aspects that made for a logical rationale for naturism and nudist rights.

The weak comparison offered is an example of what makes me wonder. As other have said LGBTQIA rights are separate and apart and shouldnt be coopted out respect for that community. Not to mention the fact that there is still a great deal of homophobia in the nudist community.

This post was edited

Always curious when nudists want to hitch nudist rights to LGBTQIA or other marginalized groups without understanding how they are different. Also wonder if they dont think naturism can stand on its own. Maybe that because of the loss of any real rationale for nudism beyond getting naked. Most have abandoned all the other aspects that made for a logical rationale for naturism and nudist rights.The weak comparison offered is an example of what makes me wonder. As other have said LGBTQIA rights are separate and apart and shouldnt be coopted out respect for that community. Not to mention the fact that there is still a great deal of homophobia in the nudist community.

On the other hand, it seems to me that there is a higher proportion of gay and bi men in the nudist community than in the population as a whole. Does anyone else think so?

This post was edited

On the other hand, it seems to me that there is a higher proportion of gay and bi men in the nudist community than in the population as a whole. Does anyone else think so?

How do you know that?

How do you spot gay or bisexual people on the nude beach or at resorts?

By your own admission you have had very little experience of social naturism. How did you find out the sexuality of those people around you, to be able to make that statement?

I think you, like so many other believe that TN reflects real life naturism, it doesnt. Its not even close.

This post was edited

On the other hand, it seems to me that there is a higher proportion of gay and bi men in the nudist community than in the population as a whole. Does anyone else think so?How do you know that?How do you spot gay or bisexual people on the nude beach or at resorts?By your own admission you have had very little experience of social naturism. How did you find out the sexuality of those people around you, to be able to make that statement?I think you, like so many other believe that TN reflects real life naturism, it doesnt. Its not even close.
True, I was thinking mostly of the people I interact with on TN and other nudist sites I visit, which may not be representative of nudists in general.

This post was edited
RE:Why not LGBQT+N for Nudist??f

True, I was thinking mostly of the people I interact with on TN and other nudist sites I visit, which may not be representative of nudists in general.

Ok, so Ill now ask you the bigger question.

Why isnt TN and other naturist website reflective of real world naturism?

What is it about naturism that changes when you talk about it on line?

I belong to another special interest forum, for amateur photographers specifically DLSR owners.
I can say with good authority that every single member of that forum, has a camera and enjoys taking pictures. It absolutely reflects what amateur photographers do and experience in real life.

Why is that different?

This post was edited