RE:Why not LGBQT+N for Nudist??f

True, I was thinking mostly of the people I interact with on TN and other nudist sites I visit, which may not be representative of nudists in general.Ok, so Ill now ask you the bigger question.Why isnt TN and other naturist website reflective of real world naturism?What is it about naturism that changes when you talk about it on line?I belong to another special interest forum, for amateur photographers specifically DLSR owners.I can say with good authority that every single member of that forum, has a camera and enjoys taking pictures. It absolutely reflects what amateur photographers do and experience in real life.Why is that different?

I wasn't implying that people on TN are not actually nudists, although there are certainly some fakes here.
I guess I was thinking that perhaps gay and bi men are more open to joining a group and discussing it.
Why I don't know.

This post was edited

I would say that it's because this site has no overall direction.

I'm guessing that most of the talk on the photography forum is about photography.

Here, groups can be made about any topic without any particular focus.
Additionally, the site gives no sense of what its interpretation of nudism is, so you get everything ranging from exhibitionism to minimalist living.

Additionally, online anonymity results in bringing up things they'd never talk about in an in person nudist settingm

This post was edited

Interesting to attempt to compare photographers to nudists. In some ways, photography is, at its most basic level, a way to capture a moment in time and place by a person. But by being the photographer, by trying to freeze time and capture forever an instant that will never happen again, by only watching the moment, the cameraperson is separated from the scene and the moment, putting the camera between the individual and the experience. In that sense, the photographer is the exact opposite of the nudist, in hiding him or herself from the time and place, becoming little more than a voyeur to what is happening.

I was at a KISS concert with my sweetie just a few days before coronavirus began its awful rampage around the world and people began dying in America. We purposefully left our phones in the car because we wanted to experience the concert together and without placing ourselves outside of the moment. The audience was jam-packed with people who were hiding behind their smartphones for most of the time David Lee Roth and then the men of KISS were giving us a part of themselves. Sweat and confetti and fire and an intense power through music was essentially missed by them as they, the documentarians, kept filming. John Lennon's famous quote pertaining to this issue, painfully paraphrased, sounds something like, "Life is what happens when you're making a video." Having a permanent reminder of a moment gives you something to share and look back on, but where were you when it happened? Stuck behind a barrier. It is better to be in the moment than to be a spectator to it.

Too heady?

True, I was thinking mostly of the people I interact with on TN and other nudist sites I visit, which may not be representative of nudists in general.Ok, so Ill now ask you the bigger question.Why isnt TN and other naturist website reflective of real world naturism?What is it about naturism that changes when you talk about it on line?I belong to another special interest forum, for amateur photographers specifically DLSR owners.I can say with good authority that every single member of that forum, has a camera and enjoys taking pictures. It absolutely reflects what amateur photographers do and experience in real life.Why is that different?

This post was edited

Interesting to attempt to compare photographers to nudists. In some ways, photography is, at its most basic level, a way to capture a moment in time and place by a person. But by being the photographer, by trying to freeze time and capture forever an instant that will never happen again, by only watching the moment, the cameraperson is separated from the scene and the moment, putting the camera between the individual and the experience. In that sense, the photographer is the exact opposite of the nudist, in hiding him or herself from the time and place, becoming little more than a voyeur to what is happening.I was at a KISS concert with my sweetie just a few days before coronavirus began its awful rampage around the world and people began dying in America. We purposefully left our phones in the car because we wanted to experience the concert together and without placing ourselves outside of the moment. The audience was jam-packed with people who were hiding behind their smartphones for most of the time David Lee Roth and then the men of KISS were giving us a part of themselves. Sweat and confetti and fire and an intense power through music was essentially missed by them as they, the documentarians, kept filming. John Lennon's famous quote pertaining to this issue, painfully paraphrased, sounds something like, "Life is what happens when you're making a video." Having a permanent reminder of a moment gives you something to share and look back on, but where were you when it happened? Stuck behind a barrier. It is better to be in the moment than to be a spectator to it.Too heady?

I would suggest that photographers at an event miss out on a lot of the atmosphere and action of the event. Yes you have a record of the event but only a partial record lacking much if what is going on outside the field if view. And by focusing on taking photos you miss out on a lot of what is going on around you.
Whereas when I am naked somewhere I feel far more aware of my surroundings, what is going on etc.

This post was edited
RE:Why not LGBQT+N for Nudist??

LGBT is about a sexual orientation. Nudism is about wellness or naturopathy. Understand the history, then you can create a future. I see your point. LGBT people have sometimes a coming out. Can also happen to nudists. Some LGBT people want to show there orientation everywhere. Some nudists want to be naked everywhere. ("nakedness is a human right") Does it make sense? Is it good PR for nudism? In my opinion we should be naked in nudism areas. I don't need a coming out everywhere. And I don't believe that it will be a good PR or marketing for nudism.

This post was edited

. John Lennon's famous quote pertaining to this issue, painfully paraphrased, sounds something like, "Life is what happens when you're making a video."/quote]

Resonate with this idea. So much of naturism online has become about making the video or capturing the photo rather than living the life.

This post was edited

Good insights about the differences

LGBT is about a sexual orientation. Nudism is about wellness or naturopathy. Understand the history, then you can create a future. I see your point. LGBT people have sometimes a coming out. Can also happen to nudists. Some LGBT people want to show there orientation everywhere. Some nudists want to be naked everywhere. ("nakedness is a human right") Does it make sense? Is it good PR for nudism? In my opinion we should be naked in nudism areas. I don't need a coming out everywhere. And I don't believe that it will be a good PR or marketing for nudism.

This post was edited

if t6here is no connection between LGBQT+ and naturism why on joining TN is one of the profile questions about sexual orientation

This post was edited

Because within the nudist community there are also LGBTQ individuals. By posting one's sexual orientation on their profile it helps other's of that orientation find each other. Same as posting you live in a certain state, it allows others who may be local to you to connect with you. 5

This post was edited

NO! NO! NO!

In Nov. 2022, Colorado a gunman killed 5 and injured 18 in a hate crime against gays.

June 2016, Orlando, Florida a gunman killed 49 in a hate crime against gays.

I can go on and on with other stories such as those from all over the world from 100s of years ago to the present.

DO YOU CARE TO GIVE EXAMPLES OF SIMILAR ISSUES NUDIST HAVE GONE THROUGH!?!?

THE THOUGHT OF ADDING NUDIST TO THE LGBTQ LABEL IS ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC!!!!

This post was edited