RE:To shave or wax

I prefer being waxed! It last longer and my skin feels smoother.

This post was edited

Love being shaved smooth feels so good and clean. Looks like I ought to give waxing a try. Can anyone tell me what sugaring is? Would like to explore options. Thanks

This post was edited

Anyone who regularly shaves any parts down there and likes being smooth absolutely has to try waxing. The results are smoother than any shave and last longer, but you need to have a few waxes before you get weeks of smoothness. The re growth isnt like shaving stubble, is softer and finer and not so noticeable and doesnt itch.

And as others have said, if you've never had your bum crack waxed smooth then you are in for a real treat. There is no going back after that!!!

This post was edited

Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'sugaring'?

This post was edited

Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'sugaring'?

I was the same way a few months ago about the term sugaring, what the heck is that? Went on Youtube like I do for so many different subjects I don't have a clue about and there's a ton of info there about the process. It is quite similar to waxing and may even predate waxing, with the main component being sugar which has been heated up with (typically) lemon juice and water on the stove top for a long time to get the mixture to a certain temp and consistency. It is then cooled down and the substance is used at essentially room temperature to do what a hot wax does, but mind you, the techniques of actual hair removal are somewhat different, in that you put the gooey stuff on the skin against the grain of the hair and yank it off with the grain, that being, in my limited understanding of this mode of hair removal, the opposite of the main technique used in waxing.

It sounded really neat and using natural ingredients, and my honey was having a very tough time finding a good waxer in this area last year, so I took it upon myself to make the goo and try the process - and it was a total failure. As is often the case, those professionals on Youtube make it all look so easy and, well, not so much for this guy. Many pro waxers also offer sugaring on the side, so there you have it. The removal of hair is just as complete as waxing as far as I can tell, so maybe you nudies have had better luck than we did.

Leaving things to the pros is oftentimes the best choice. Now let me get to the car ABS control unit replacement I've been putting off...

This post was edited

I shave about every other day. I use a Norlco rotary razor on my body and a safety razor on my underarms and the scrotum.

This post was edited

I have been getting a full body wax every 3 months for about 3.5 years now (missed one during the COVID shutdown). I love the look and feel of a smooth body - and it makes me feel younger! I have lived in two places during that time - Salt Lake City and northeast Ohio - so I have been to several places to have it done. I have been lucky though - the two regular ladies that have done my waxing train other ladies to do the male Brazilian, so obviously they know what they are doing. Yes, mild discomfort while having it done, but definitely worth it on the long run. As mentioned before, the hair grows back finer and thinner than before. In fact the last waxing I had done 1.5 months ago, I did not have to do the arms and lower legs because the hair seems to have stopped growing back. That certainly saved me some money since the full body wax is not cheap.

This post was edited

That certainly saved me some money since the full body wax is not cheap.

How much does the process typically cost, understanding that prices in a larger city likely goes up?

This post was edited

In Salt Lake City, the cost was about $360, which included a 10% tip for a full body wax combo. In northeast Ohio, they didn't have a full body combo price - they just added together all the individual areas done, so the price was about $425 including a 10% tip. This last time, 3 areas didn't have to be done, so the price including tip was "only" $280. lol The male Brazilian by itself was $80 (without tip).

This post was edited

Meant to mention the time it takes for the process - the first full body wax in SLC that was 3.5 years ago was about 1.5 hours (they set aside 2 hours for the appointment), but once you have the same person doing it on a regular basis, it usually is done in less than an hour. This last appointment was only 40 minutes.

This post was edited