Told to Sleep Nude

I am also a member of the Nude Sleepers Forum.
Many men and a few women have said that at some point one or both parents told them that they were too old to wear anything to bed and had to start sleeping nude. Did that happen to any of you?
As a parent, did you tell your children that they should start sleeping nude?

This topic was edited
RE:Told to Sleep Nude

I started sleeping naked at the age of 9 and none of my parents knew about it. It was my decision to try it out. I can't sleep any other way.

This post was edited

My dad always slept nude and I started doing the same at 10-11. I also started hanging nude in my bedroom at the same time. I showered with my dad so he, and my mom, saw me naked everyday. My dad would have been a nudist if I didn't have an older sister. He didn't feel comfortable naked in front of her, though she did see me occasionally. That's probably why I never cared, and still don't care, who sees me naked.

This post was edited

I started at about age 15. I didn't understand why I needed to have a special outfit for sleeping. I'll wear socks to bed in the winter, but that's it. Even when I was on company trips and had to share a room... I told my new roommate that I slept nude and wasn't going to change just for his comfort.

This post was edited

I always slept naked and was never told otherwise

This post was edited

On the contrary, my mom was so old-school that she thought everyone should be modest in bed. But I discreetly started sleeping nude around 14 and always do. It feels so nice to get under the sheets without having anything on, even just underwear.

This post was edited

I started sleeping naked at the age of 12 shortly after I moved out of my parents house.

Did you really move out at 12 or was it typo?
If correct, where did you go?

This post was edited

I started around 16, on my own. I'm not sure my mom noticed, so there wasn't any discussion. Either way, nobody ever told me to do it.

This post was edited

Started sleeping nude at around 13 yrs old.... did it on my own...

dad noticed i was nude one morning.... ask me why... I told him it was more comfortable.... he never said another word about it.

This post was edited

3 weeks ago today I had a heart catherization which required two punctures near my groin. When the discharge nurse was giving me my walking papers she went over the importance of keeping the area dry and plenty of ventilation. She warned me that if I wore tighty whities i should make sure they do not rub over the holes. I told her that i have gone commando for decades, and go nude around home the area will get plenty of ventilation . She gave me a big thumbs up . I think implied in there was that sleeping sans restrictions was part of the healing plan. All healed up well and I am feeling great with 2 stents in. Restricted lifting and other activities expired a week ago.

This post was edited

I was never told to sleep nude, but my grandmother told us grandchildren that we should sleep with no underwear, to let everything breathe. But since adulthood, Ive slept naked. Its just so much more comfortable.

This post was edited