Where to undress and redress

For me, driving nude is the easy part. It's about where to undress and re-dress that causes me concern. When on the freeway (I-5 in Oregon), I have undressed while driving. I will admit it is very dangerous, as I have to momentarily unbuckle my seatbelt.

Undressing and dressing in a parking lot is much safer from a personal safety standpoint but more risky in terms of being caught. I recall once I parked in a large parking lot in Houston, TX, thinking that no one would see me getting dressed inside of the car. After getting my shorts back on, I noticed two young women in a car a distance from me checking me out. I saw one kind of point at me. It could easily have gone south with one of them reporting me to security/cops. I don't trust any textiles based on past outlandish over-reactions to my nudity.

One thing that I am really happy about is at my go-to clothing-optional beach/park here in Seattle is that nudity in the parking lot is now acceptable. On the very rare occasion, when I am able to find a parking spot at the park, it is fun to simply get out of my vehicle nude and walk to the lawn/grassy area completely nude. It is also fun to see other nude park goers walk to their vehicles nude to get something that they may have forgotten, etc. Lastly, it is a lot of fun to leave the beach nude and get in one's vehicle and drive nude. But then, I am faced with the dilemna of where I will dress before I get back to my place.

This topic was edited
RE:Where to undress and redress

Do you have an attached garage?
If so, there is no reason to get dressed.

This post was edited

I have never dressed or undressed inside the car.
I simply position the car suitably in the car park or lay-by and do it beside the open door.

This post was edited

I have never dressed or undressed inside the car.I simply position the car suitably in the car park or lay-by and do it beside the open door.

But nudity laws in the UK are less strict than in most states of the US.

This post was edited

I know you had one experience where you feel someone may have noticed you getting dressed, but that is more the exception than the rule.
In my experience, most people are more involved in what they are doing and do not really notice what is going on around them. I recommend simply undressing and redressing either pulled over to the curb or in parking lot. Please do not try to undress while driving on the freeway, it is not worth the risk.
I have both stripped down and redressed in a parking lot even with someone sitting in the car next to me and they never notice.

I am very envious of your situation where you can actually drive to the park, get out of the car nude and go into the park.
In Southern California, there are no public places that you can drive to, get out of the car and go to your destination all while staying nude. The only place I have been to is Deep Creek Hot Springs. The parking area is on privet property where you have to pay an entrance fee. Fortunately the owner does not have a problem with people being nude on his property.

This post was edited

I have never dressed or undressed inside the car.I simply position the car suitably in the car park or lay-by and do it beside the open door.This is my preferred method. Using the vehicle with the door open creates a fairly private area for changing in and out of clothes. Also, in many jurisdictions, even if caught in the act, an exposed buttocks is not considered nudity.

This post was edited

I have never dressed or undressed inside the car.I simply position the car suitably in the car park or lay-by and do it beside the open door.This is my preferred method. Using the vehicle with the door open creates a fairly private area for changing in and out of clothes. Also, in many jurisdictions, even if caught in the act, an exposed buttocks is not considered nudity.
There is even more privacy if you open both the front and rear doors on a four-door car.
I have used this technique to dress in a busy supermarket car park where the two doors and the adjacent car gave almost total privacy.

This post was edited

It depends on what I'm wearing. I often use a kilt. I simply undo it when getting into the car and wrap it round myself when getting out.

I've also used the car doors to shield myself in a busy car park - or just driven to a quiet corner.

This post was edited

I have never dressed or undressed inside the car.I position the car suitably in the car park or lay by and do it beside the open door.

I agree; I never attempt to dress or redress while moving, always outside the vehicle. I also drive bare-feet; it completes the feeling of nakedness.

This post was edited

It depends where I am parked as when taking garden waste to the recycling place I have to put my shorts on off in the car as there isn't anywhere I can park to do it outside the car. Even then people are passing around the car so they might see me.

This post was edited

It depends where I am parked as when taking garden waste to the recycling place I have to put my shorts on off in the car as there isn't anywhere I can park to do it outside the car. Even then people are passing around the car so they might see me.

Stop at an appropriate place a few blocks before you get to your destination to redress.

This post was edited