RE:Do you feel comfortable being the only black person in a nude space?

I have definitely gotten use to it but I've only visited one resort, and I'm there often enough to recognize people and make a few associates.

Overall, I've always felt welcomed and comfortable hence why I keep going back.

This post was edited

You know, this type of experience with "security" sickens me because its an occupational hazzard of daily living for POC all the time. These days, this harrassment and mistrust simply makes me irrate. I am part Asian, and never sure what people's perceptions are, but I sometimes detect a sense of being treated as a "lesser" and on the periphery than part of a group. I decided that I would speak up for others who were treated unfairly because I would hope that would happen for me in the reverse situation.

Of course there could be other reasons why I might sense of not feeling fully included, but I'm not obnoxious, disrespectful, rude, etc. I used to think all nudists groups are inclusive, but only ones that make a concerted effort and truly believe in all shapes and sizes, colors, genders, what have you. I think there are bonafide nudist groups, and others that are just cliques that want to vet people that suit their needs.

This post was edited

Nudists are people.
Being nudists doesn't really make them more or less inclusive than other groups of people.

This post was edited

Ah, but I often hear "nudism is the great equalizer", and that it is supposedly more inclusive because nudists accept you for who you are. I feel that, yes, nudists are people, and are not more or less inclusive despite the claim that they are.

This post was edited

This is an extremely important point because the sentiment of equality just becuase one is a nudist is a myth.
Ah, but I often hear "nudism is the great equalizer", and that it is supposedly more inclusive because nudists accept you for who you are. I feel that, yes, nudists are people, and are not more or less inclusive despite the claim that they are.

This post was edited

I would like to be a part of a more inclusive group. It is So true sometimes it looks like I may be the the only person of color in a nude spa,

This post was edited

I would like to be a part of a more inclusive group. It is So true sometimes it looks like I may be the the only person of color in a nude spa,

Do you feel welcomed? I have always felt welcomed when I am the only one and also as a single male if it is a coed space.

This post was edited

If found it very lonely as a minority in nudist chat groups. Seen not many of any of my posts get responses. I can post things like Happy Friday and crickets. Let some of the majority say the same thing and the whole group responds and elaborates. I know the times were in but come in now.

This post was edited

The chat room here is not the place to try and meet or talk to people. I have found it best to just respond to or creat post in Groups and Forums. After you show who you are, people are more likely to communicate with you.

Cost and distance can be a factor but you will find a group of young black professionals who travel the world to pursue nudist opportunities. The a BNA creates safe spaces for POC to enjoy being socially nude.

I have been enjoying social nudity for more than 6 years now and have not found any sexual vibes at any of the spaces I have visited. That is not to say that there are not some people there with sexual intentions, I just have not seen it.

This post was edited

I understand your point but I have not felt unwanted in any way at new spaces. I do usually call first and make sure that single males are allowed and then let them know when I am planning to arrive. When I arrive they dont treat me as a leper or anything and to your ex wifes point, it seems that I am approached more because of the novelty. Or it could just be that all new faces are approved just to find out who they are, where did you come from and how did you find us. All of my experiences have been pleasant and welcoming.

This post was edited