Cover?

As Kemil is an unofficial nude beach, there are times that I feel the need to cover.

Do you cover when beachwalkers pass? If so, what do you cover with and how do you do it?

This topic was edited
RE:Cover?

I tend to keep a good collection of minimal bikinis and thongs within arm's reach. When I see someone approaching, I grab something and pull it on. Usually, it's within full view of the beachwalkers, and it's fairly obvious to them that I've been nude before pulling on the suit.

I had a new thought regarding this over the winter. What if I could cover with a piece of clothing that didn't require the obvious dressing movements for a bikini or a thong? (I know that just pulling a beach towel over myself would do the trick, but that's not really a piece of clothing.) A loincloth isn't exactly a common piece of clothing these days, but it seems entirely practical for Kemil. I can lay on the back side and when someone approaches, I just pull the front over me in a single motion that is completely innocuous. If I have to get up, I tie the side, and I'm legally covered.

Any opinions on this?

This post was edited

I usually keep a loose pair of sheer black running shorts near to slip on. I find tying to get into a swim brief or thong on is to difficult if I am in a hurry.

The shorts are sheer if you are close and looking, so more than adequate for those walking by so as not to offend.

Your post reminded me when my TN friend talked me into meeting on Lake Michigan on lake street beach in Gary. (He wanted to expose me to public beach nudity) We walked down away from the crowd and he showed me where he got naked - and we got naked!

Up about 50 ft from the shoreline we were laying there when a beach dog walker started heading our way. I panicked and put on my shorts. He laughed and said dont worry. The guy was walking by and his dog comes up to us to meet us - a friendly dog. The man stopped on the beach and we chatted briefly and pet the dog. He then called his dog to continue his walk - at that point - several minutes long - he says oh my God youre naked! And bust out laughing and just walked away with a big smile on his handsome 30 something face. My naked friend said See? Nothing to worry about! That said my TN friend was a handsome 30 something man too so maybe he got favorable reactions to his nudity. Though he was seated and I dont think any specific parts could have been seen from 50 ft

This post was edited

Like Profind, when I'm naked on a beach or a hiking where nudity is "unofficial" I prefer loose fitting shorts for a quick cover, If I was laying on a towel and had a clear view of people from a distance, I might have time to slip on a speedo-brief instead. But I used to play frisbee in a thong at Kemil, and at that time it was adequate cover.

This post was edited

Yeah, I've always considered a thong to be adequate covering at Kemil.

This post was edited

I feel like if you cover up with something small or micro and someone actually stays in your area and puts their stuff down close enough to see but not invade your space then they are most likely not only cool with it but hoping to see nudity.Have found this the case, and if in a secluded area, they have not had an issue with nudity and some joined in.

This post was edited

You are welcome. Will add something that happened last Sunday when my wife and I were at a secluded area of a textile beach. There was a younger guy in a g-string. He was laying on his stomach so you would have to get close to know he was not nude. I saw a couple walking up the shore towards the younger guy. They turned around and walked back to where they began. Either they assumed he was nude or it was getting a little too skimpy for them.

This post was edited

On a different note, I always paint naked. Easy enough to get the paint off skin and don't have to worry about dripping paint or rubbing on a wall because you didn't know you had a spot on your sleeve. You just feel it, let it dry out, and peel it right off.

That being said, I HATE painting. I will do any other home improvement project I have before painting.

This post was edited

On a different note, I always paint naked. Easy enough to get the paint off skin and don't have to worry about dripping paint or rubbing on a wall because you didn't know you had a spot on your sleeve. You just feel it, let it dry out, and peel it right off.

That being said, I HATE painting. I will do any other home improvement project I have before painting.

This post was edited

I regularly use two different beaches to get naked on. One is quite well known as a place frequented by nudists, so I tend not to cover up on that one when people approach. The second beach is really not much used by naked people, and I find myself slipping on shorts if anyone approaches quite closely there

This post was edited