Tops no longer required for Berlin pools

One small step...

https://news.yahoo.com/berlin-let-everyone-topless-public-161649092.html

but we'll have to see if it makes much difference. Women are starting to prefer wearing tops at topless beaches, and it may be the same here.

This topic was edited
RE:Tops no longer required for Berlin pools

One small step...https://news.yahoo.com/berlin-let-everyone-topless-public-161649092.htmlbut we'll have to see if it makes much difference. Women are starting to prefer wearing tops at topless beaches, and it may be the same here.

Certainly in NY state where it has been legal for women to be topless at public beaches and parks for years, very few are.

This post was edited

I was surprised to see that top equity was not already part of the swimming pool culture in Germany since there are so many places where being nude in public has been considered legal and normal.

This post was edited

I was surprised to see that top equity was not already part of the swimming pool culture in Germany since there are so many places where being nude in public has been considered legal and normal.

Same here.

This post was edited

Evidently it varies region by region, and according to which vicinities want to enforce a law or not. But now women can use a swimming pool in Berlin with no fear of being busted for having no top.

This post was edited

BUSTed! LOL

This post was edited

I was surprised to see that top equity was not already part of the swimming pool culture in Germany since there are so many places where being nude in public has been considered legal and normal.Same here.

Nudity is only allowed in certain places. Yes there are many places, but this does not mean nudity is accepted everywhere. Thanks for the news. Now we have to wait how many women will follow...

This post was edited

I am surprised about this as well.
In many parts of Germany and Austria (Graz for example) it is normal (and has been for some time) for females to go topless right from a very young age up through adolescence and on to adulthood at pools, parks, beaches and rivers.
I can only presume that parts of Germany, Berlin in this case, bucked the trend and remained a place where the girls must cover up.
In this modern age it seems strange that people must cover parts of their bodies, as if there is somehow something shameful about them.

This post was edited

Good on you Berlin! This simple liberation should be a choice for all people everywhere, not just men!
Free the nipple, free women, free society!

This post was edited

This has nothing to do with general commons so far. It was possible to go topless and also practiced. But there was this part in the terms of use for public pools in many German cities that was identified as discrimination, as males don't have to cover their chest, but females have, and how about people who feel male but have s female body and vice versa? So the same simple solution was to skip the breast cover rule.

This post was edited

Having the legal right to go topless and social acceptance to do so are two separate things. In perhaps 1/4 of the US States, it is legally acceptable for a woman to go topless anywhere it is acceptable for a man to go topless. However, because of social norms, very few women take advantage of this or even know they legally can go toppless. My favorite incident happened here in Colorado. A woman did know her rights. She was playing frisbee topless in the front yard with her topless (male) fiancee. A neighbor complained, and the police gave her a summons. The short story is that the city ended up settling, awarding her $50,000 which she put toward college. The moral to the story is that if a woman wants to go topless at a pool in anyone of several States, she can. However, she will likely be a trail blazer who may have some hassles in her future. It is certainly possible however. There is a history in the good olde USA of standing up for one's legal rights.

This post was edited