Has anyone used a home permanent hair remover

I would love to permanently remove some of my hair. Amazon has some laser units for home use. Does it really work?

This topic was edited
RE:Has anyone used a home permanent hair remover

The work, but not as good as getting it done professionally. Probably better for a top up.

This post was edited

Thanks for the reply's!

This post was edited

i self wax the neither region my self

This post was edited

I have a home IPL, and it works fine. Slow work, and needs recharging frequently, but gets there eventually.

This post was edited

I just ordered one from Amazon. I'm looking forward to trying it out. It's about time I fulfill my dream of being hairless forever.

This post was edited

I've been using the Tria system for quite awhile now (They're selling version 4, and I have an original). It's taken me longer than your average bear since my tan tends to linger deep into winter, and so I only get 2-3 month period where my skin tone is light enough. (I just started doing touch up areas two weeks ago for this year) I can attest that it does work. The areas I've done have much slower hair growth, is very sparse, and what does grow is significantly thinner and finer.

The downside is the treatment area per zap is about the diameter of a pencil, so it takes a long time and a lot of patience to do a area of any size (the systems with a larger rectangular head take many more treatments to accomplish the same results). You also have to have relatively dark hair and light skin. There are systems that claim a wider range in each catagory, but I suspect the lighter your hair the less effective the treatments will be, and the darker your skin, the more likely skin damage will occur.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Never heard of such a thing outside of electrolysis, but now I'm curious. I am level-10 hairy.

This post was edited

We talked about it, but it would be 30-mile trip and it sounds like it would take several trips. If I remember it was rather costly at least here in the Midwest. I am not that harry so a couple times a week in the shower I do a quick once over have been smooth for many years.

This post was edited

Anything you see advertised for sale as a "permanent" hair remover IS NOT a "permanent" hair remover. The only ACTUAL "permanent" hair remover I know of is genetics. Even chemo and radiation aren't "permanent" hair removers.

This post was edited

I use an IPL but can't tell if it works.
There are hundreds of IPL devices on Amazon. I can tell you the light is intense for sure and if you get one make sure to always look away when you use it or you won't see for a few minutes.

This post was edited