RE:I'm trying to convince my wife nudity is not a sin

And another thank you for the resources. I, too, will take a look at them for nude positive information.

This post was edited

I have tried for 30 years and finally gave up. Some were not meant to be a nudist. I heard the "you're a sinner" and am going to hell too many times to count. I finally concluded I would have to enjoy this solo, and I do!

This post was edited

I highly doubt if the wife will not practice nudity at home social nudity is not on the map. I grew up in a strict religious home and it was a sin that nudity was a sin so I get that side of it. No one knew my wife was a home nudist for 15 yrs and petrified of anyone seeing her nude except for me before going social. Sin was not the issue it was fear. My ex ...well that's a different story . You can't force it that I know of without be a nag or bully about it. It's no fun for the person being nagged or bullied for anything.

This post was edited

My wife was raised strict Catholic. I was also raised Catholic but nowhere near as strict as my wife. So many things were bad, naughty, unladylike for her growing up. With her parents, there was contradiction all the time. One day she was the bad cop, the next day she was the good one and vice versa. Meeting me in HS really changed things for her.

She not only began questioning her parent's negative thoughts and opinions about things but began questioning the churches views on many of its doctrine. We're both still of the Catholic faith but are not church goers. Even though my wife was raised in such a strict way about nudity, impure thoughts and sex, she left those at home when we began dating. It was a struggle at first, but she's made up her own mind about nudity, sex and most other things the church and her parents told her were wrong.

It took a while before my wife embraced social nudism. We've been married almost 50 years, 30+ of those as social nudists. It was her choice to venture into it, not mine. I suggested it but never pushed or forced it in any way. As stated, she began living as a nudist from our wedding night/weekend and has never looked back or regretted ever, only to say that she wished she'd not resisted social nudism in the beginning. Communication is the key for any successful relationship. You should be able to talk about anything and everything. If one or the other or neither are willing to speak honestly with each other, you end up living as brother and sister and not husband and wife.

Only advice I can give is to remain talking about it with one another. Join Christian Naturist online groups. Get your wife involved in discussions regarding this issue that others have had and had success in changing their mindset. Above all, it must be her choice to take nudism any further than your home. If that's all she's willing to do, consider yourself luckier than most.

This post was edited

I agree to all you said. No where in the bible does say nudity is bad. In fact like you said God creayed us nude and said it was good. All the examples you listed perfect. Man has created this need to cover after original sin. The bible says obey God's law and do not put on it your pwn understang.

This post was edited

It is def a hard battle brother. I am trying to get my wife to go to a resort also and see that it is not sinful. Unfortunately here in America we have been brain washed to see that the body is bad and thats without religion involved. Once you put religion in it it becomes almost worse. Unless you have the understanding.

I agree with you. Clothed or not you can still see someone with lust. Naked is no different.

Adam

This post was edited

I was raised on the bible, but do not consider myself a Christian now. From a Christian perspective though, the arguments make sense. For me now the only sins are dishonesty, laziness, theft, fraud, initiatory force. There is a lot of artificial guilt being propagated by many religions & philosophies. It is moral and normal to be natural in your own skin. Maximizing freedom leads to a happier life.

This post was edited

All Christian naturists should read a new book out called surprised into freedom by Philip oak. I got it on Amazon

This post was edited

I had originally struggled with this for a long time growing up as well. I had always been taught in my household that nudity was essentially akin to sex. But when you read through the Bible, there are multiple passages about Jesus and others who were nude for reasons other than sex, Nudity is only sinful I have come to find if you make it that way. If you read passages in Isaiah 20, Micah 1, Deuteronomy 25, and even Habakkuk 2, all have stories about people either prophesying nude, stripping down to wrestle for fun and sport, and even simply following what the Lord had told them to do, which He would not tell someone to do something that is sinful, I believe this to mean that it is the intentions that matter. If someone is going to lust, it will not matter whether the one the lust after is clothed or not, they will do what their heart guides them to do. Nudity in itself seems to be pure and it is Man that has tainted its beauty that God created.
You also do not want to be pushy with what your spouse wishes either. Some people will never get past the home nudity phase for not agreeing with the seeing and being seen nude outside of your spouse, and that is ok too. I lucked out with my wife jumping into it head first and getting extremely comfortable with being nude in front of me and others in a pure setting. So best of luck to you! I hope your wife comes around, but even if she doesn't, at least she is content at sharing the nude life with you at home and on occasion at a resort as opposed to completely disapproving of the whole thing. Let us know how the journey progresses!

This post was edited