Anyone been to A-Bay lately?

A couple of years since I went to A-Bay last. It was a weekday and there were dozens of textiles and only a couple of nudists on the beach. I will be passing by on Monday and am wondering if it is worth the detour these days, or if I will be the only nudist there.

This topic was edited
RE:Anyone been to A-Bay lately?

A-Bay is not as before, it's like one of the ordinary beaches along the coast! I miss those days we had Nude Olympics on the beach!!! Not going there anymore....

This post was edited

Given these reviews, I decided not to make the detour. It is a pity that it seems no longer to be the place it was.

This post was edited

I visited over the last week or so but only early and late in the day when the sun was not too strong. I often had the entire beach to myself at these times. There were occasional skinny-dippers, but they quickly dressed and moved on. Mostly there were a few surfers, and textile walkers and joggers once the sun was a little higher in the sky. I kept low key while others were about and had a few dips and short walks in between. It was easy to lay out a little in the dunes unobtrusively until one instance where the tide was so high that a couple walked straight past me! I observed tyre tracks from a quadracycle at the southern end after Saturday and Sunday so officialdom did visit in some form in my absence. Once the sun was up I found the tracks I walked within the national park were being used by others.

In Noosa itself the thong-wearing portion of the female population approached 50% while the guys resolutely stuck to board shorts except for the occasional older guy in a swim brief, including me. Mostly this was at Little Cove, only walked by the main beach rather than spending time there.

This post was edited

It has been on Nine news this morning, 11 people have been fined recently for going nude on A Bay beach. It has been like this for 50 years or more. When will the Queensland Government get its head out of the sand and declare A Bay as a clothing optional beach. It has been going on for years and rather than face the issue, they sweep it under the carpet. Every other group of people get catered for , why can't those who want to be free to swim clothes free. This is harassment of sensible people who put politicians in power to do the wishes of the people.

This post was edited

Vince,

I'm not sure about the religious angle but well done for having a go. You say at the start that we don't want to lose another CO beach, well this one has never been legal anyway. As you say later, there are no legal CO beaches in Queensland and really this seems a political hangover from extremely conservative / religious days of State governments many years ago. The allegedly more progressive governments now should be pressured to get up to current day standards like the rest of the country.

Today on a morning TV program there was reference to an issue at A/Bay and nudists being arrested. Not sure if these people were just nude at what is an unofficial nude beach or if something else was going on. As per your letter, maybe the nude area is too close to the walks through the NP so maybe that needs consideration.

The biggest issue at most of our beaches seems to me to be bad / inappropriate behaviour at a public beach. The legal CO beaches in other States were NOT created for those wanting to go and have sexual hook-ups in the dunes. It's this behaviour more than anything that the public and especially parents of kids walking nearby will be concerned about.

So, in my humble opinion, this activity / behaviour needs to stop. Those wanting to find sexual partners for casual sex need to find somewhere else to do this. A public beach IS NOT THE PLACE for sex acts.

Cheers, SBN (actually nude in my yard writing this.)

This post was edited

I could not agree more....sexual activities have no place in public! and anyone caught taking part in such activities should feel the full force of the law.
Once you have few people arrested and charged for sexual activities it will become a deterrent to others and people enjoying the clothes free lifestyle will have a more serene environment to relax while textiles will have nothing to complaint about.

Now the religious angle, won't be everybody cup of tea, but as there is near zero support from the Australian nudist associations & businesses, we needed to find a way to provide the authorities with the basis as to why they should make legal some clothes optional beaches, parks etc....

The religious aspect of naturism is valid and will even be stronger when the authorities are going to contest it in court... and the religious naturism will win. Once that win occurs in court, it is going to open many doors for the naturism industry and we should see it flourish on our shores.

For those interested as to how naturism is a religion or how can it be presented to the authorities, i invite you to follow the links below:
https://vince2021.blogspot.com/2023/02/naturism-is-it-lifestyle-right-religion.html
https://vince2021.blogspot.com/2023/04/ensuring-naturism-recognition-as.html
TN blog: Letter to officials for the support of Alexandria bay !
TN blog: New way to present NATURISM - to ensure official recognition Australia wide

This post was edited

I agree, they have swept it under the carpet for ages.
If those 11 people who have been fined, were ONLY enjoying some clothes free moments on the beach, it could be a great opportunity to contest those fines.

As the beach is not a legal nude beach, the normal defence of the right to enjoy the clothes free lifestyle will not work. What will work, will be to contest the fine on ground of practicing a religious ritual.
Placing forward the religious rights will place this situation in the medias...the more coverage this will have the better it will be.
If the case is won, it will set a major precedent that will reshape the Australian naturism. If the case is lost, it will demonstrate that Australia is discriminating religious minority and will give us the opportunity to appeal and mount a campaign to have the religious naturism accepted and legalised.

If those who have been fined are genuine nudists/naturists they are welcome to contact me in regards to their mounting the religious naturism rights defence.

This post was edited

I agree, just leave it a legal nude beach, Queensland is the only state that doesn't have any

This post was edited

I don't think it's the textiles who ruined it.

This post was edited

I believe that the state labor gov gave the right to declare a nude beach to local councils years ago, none have done it. As for Abay the local fundamentalist church has waged war on nudists for 30 yrs or so since they established themselves at Tewantin, they continually make complaints about sexual activity [which they haven't seen cause they wern't there]. Unfortunately it is lost, if you are a nudist you should consider leaving the state, support Tyagarah against the prudes, which the local Byronites have done even under pressure from councilors.

This post was edited