RE:What are you listening to?

This may not be NEW music but a find of old forgotten music. On YouTube there is a page called Past Perfect Vintage Music with music from the 1920s to 1940s.

Another is Max Rabbe. He is a newer German singer with a small orchestra. He does classic songs from the 1920s to 1940s or so. He also does versions of more modern songs.

This post was edited

I listen a lot to a band with the somewhat silly name of Big Big Train. They are a modern day progressive rock band who come up time after time with fabulous tunes. They sing of many things and are always interesting, moving, thought provoking and can bring tears through their storytelling. Wide-ranging song topics include English history, industrial revolution, folklore, Leonardo da Vinci, the Roman Empire, human empathy and the Voyager spacecraft.
Many hear early prog rock influences such as Genesis or Yes in their music.

This post was edited

Tokyo Midnight - Sababa 5, Yurika Hanashima
Been obsessed with this song and the other one of the collaboration between these artists, the band is 60s and 70s style psych funk and her voice pairs well with it.

Cayman Islands - Kings of Convenience
Not a new band nor are they not necessarily not well known, but I woke up to this song in my head and I had to share it for others who don't know Erlend Oye or any of his work with The Whitest Boy Alive, Kings of Convenience, La Comitiva or his Solo work as Erlend Oye. IF you haven't heard his work, you can truly go down deep and exceedingly pleasant rabbit hole.

This post was edited

Alex Benjamin, for such a young kid, a brilliant song writer, death of a hero, mind is a prison, if we had each other, gotta be a reason, let me down slowly,and so many more...

This post was edited

Sorry that's alec not Alex....

This post was edited

I am a Mark knoffler fan. I like his later stuff. " you might get lucky "

This post was edited

I am a Mark knoffler fan. I like his later stuff. " you might get lucky "

Such a great song, really makes you feel like everything is going to work out. I do have to say that his work with Dire Straits is still better - Sultans of Swing still reigns supreme

This post was edited

Parachute - Thee Lakesiders
60's chicano feel to it, hoping this band continues to produce some great tunes.

Momo, El Nomada de La Sombra - Susobrino
Minimal, contemplative, meditative, questioning, imploring. I respect the heck out of susobrino for his creativity and ambition. He infuses a lot of traditional South American musical elements and instruments to his pieces and they come across as folk stories. He has a lot of random dabbling in his musical profile on Spotify (or iTunes, idk) but his album La Hoja de Eucalipto really reflects his overall style.

This post was edited

Strings of your guitar - Claude Fontaine
Her voice makes you melt and fall in love, at least it does for me. She has a couple Bossa songs, which is not her usual style, her voice just really lends well to Saudade. Her entire album is worth checking out.

Containing the sexy music trend

YSL - June Freedom, Eliji Beatzkilla
Makes you want to dance, and do it closely.

This post was edited

Dirty Mouth - Alice Phoebe Lou
Simple indie rock, great voice and energy. Recently got into her and am digging a lot of her music

Tienate - Nu Genea
Mediterranean disco/funk. These guys like diving deep into different countries history of dance music, this album is set in the mediterranean which gives it a great vibe for summer

This post was edited