Essential portrait photography

I use a fairly inexpensive lens but its been invaluable for my photography. The key is the low F1.8 with aperture priority. I can shoot stills in fairly low light. I let the camera decide the iso. But it plays with the light so nicely. Even in abundant light it goes well and takes clear images. I usually use manual focus and pre-stage where Ill be. I focus on the body part of interest. Then I set my self timer and take several shots. It works super well. Id love to hear your setup. Todays phone cameras have features that take good pics too. There is a Russian guy who teaches an iPhone photography school on YouTube. It is super helpful for when I dont have my big camera, like when backpacking.

Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras

This topic was edited
RE:Essential portrait photography

This was taken with the aforementioned camera with F1.8 aperture priority

This post was edited

Great shot! I have to confess, despite owning a small fortune of photography equipment, 90% of the time I use my phone camera. It does have serious limitations, but I find that it does pretty well in most situations. Surprisingly, the rear wide-angle lens has an aperture of f/1.6 and the telephoto has f/2.0 which isn't too shabby for something so convenient!

I do love my Fujifilm X-T2 though. Seeing your photo makes me want to break it out and use it more, so thanks for sharing!

This post was edited

In 2019 I decided I needed a new digital cam so I started shopping. I realized that the cam on my iPhone was the best I could afford! I now use it exclusively. I found a bluetooth remote on Amazon so I can pose naked and take the shot, with the iPhone on a tripod. I also just got an Apple Watch that has a remote built in and I can see on the watch screen what the cam sees.
So far, I've amassed over 400 photos of me naked in various positions and locations. Fun!!

This post was edited

Yeah its amazing what our phone cameras can do. There is an app called Slow Shutter. You can do low light, time lapse, and other effects. I used it to take a photo that blurred the steam of the great prismatic pool at Yellowstone NP. I also took star photos. But yeah, the best quality is still an SLR with a good lens.

This post was edited

Oh yeah they are making so many great options. I use Camera Genius app for a great interval timer. Sounds like you found a great solution. The portrait feature is awesome for nice effects and quality images too.

This post was edited

That is a great photo

This post was edited

That is a great photo

Thanks friend. There is beauty all around us.

This post was edited

Your pose reminded me of any number of yoga poses. I just did a naked salute to the sun on my front porch. It's cloudy & a bit rainy but it's the thought that counts.

This post was edited