RE:Driving naked ... what's your reason and what are your experiences

We used to own a '96 Chrysler Sebring convertible. It was my wife's car but I was the only one that enjoyed driving with the top down. During summer months, She'd agree to drive with the top down during the evening or late evening hours. We had a favorite spot to drive to up this somewhat deserted mountain road up a newly opened portion of freeway near home. I'd get in the car naked and throw some shorts on the floor, she'd slip on a shirt of mine and off we'd go to our spot. Found a spot where I could back into and we'd sit naked on top of the back seat and look out onto out city with all the lights. Then we'd have some fun time and after a while we'd head back down the hill. Always wondered why we were the only ones that knew of that spot! :DDDD

Driving naked in a convertible is the ultimate. I miss that car and wished we had kept it. Nowadays, I just rent a convertible if we're traveling and want to drive one. Like any and all vehicles I own or rent, I'll drive them naked when I can. Probably the best time I had driving our convertible naked was a drive from where we were staying on the Central Coast of CA up to Carmel/Monterey, on Hwy 1. It's such a twisting and turning 2 land road that those behind you can't see and those coming at you had better be paying attention to the road or it's a long, long drop to the ocean! Still, I'll drive naked but my wife will usually wear a shirt.

This post was edited
RE: Driving naked ... what's your reason and what are your experiences

Earlier this year (I still don't think of myself as a nudist but back then was only ever naked indoors at home) I said that it would be impossible for me to be naked in the car. This was because the roads I use are far too busy and I would definitely be seen.On one occasion I did have the chance to drive naked, leaving home at 3:30am. Throughout the whole trip I saw one person and two rabbits. As I was actually wearing a boiler-suit over my normal clothes it was even worse and even more uncomfortable than normal. I'd regretted my choice before I'd left my drive.However, when the summer finally started to appear, when driving home from work I started removing my shoes and socks and wearing 'crocs' (a brand of plastic sandals) , as well as removing my trousers (I also started going commando to work this year) and wearing shorts.I then moved on to not putting the shorts on and driving home bottomless occasionally. I have now got to the point that I always drive home bottomless. Thankfully I have a drive-in garage at home so I don't even have to put the shorts on to get into the house. I even take my crocs off once I'm in the car.I'm certain that nobody has seen me because other cars are alongside me for very short periods as I over take or am overtaken. Also, my shirt covers enough of me to hide my bits, and almost completely hide the fact that I haven't got shorts on.The reason for doing this is exactly the same reason I'm naked at home - comfort. The more I don't wear clothes, the more I want to not wear them. Both work and my village are very conservative so I make every effort to not be seen or to not upset anyone

Wow, how things have changed. I now drive fully named on a daily basis for my commute home, plus any other journey I can get away with.

I'm still not allowed to drive naked when Mar is in the car, but I live in hope

This post was edited

For me it's actually just another place to express my love for the nudist lifestyle. Live in Wash DC area for a long time and roads were too congested to be practical. I drive nude at times on country roads here in FL. My favorite, though, is taking the wheel of my motorhome and heading out on the open road. Sitting up high and loving the freedom!!

Tried to add image here but couldn't figure out how. Oh well, you get the idea. lol

This post was edited

I drive naked occasionally when I have a long distance drive. I always find some parking lot near my destination where I can get dressed again. Often I drive naked when I go to or come from my favorite nude beach at a little lake about an hour away from where I live. I can walk naked from and to the parking lot, as well. I have clothes with me. But the day will come when I leave everything but the car key at home.

What I like about it? I guess it is mainly the freedom of just doing it.

This post was edited

Back to driving naked more often. It had been cold and wet here for a few months. Cold and wet enough that I needed to wear long pants and those can be a PITA to put on and take off between stops. When it warms up just enough to wear shorts, that's when my naked driving happens more often than not. We have weather where we can almost always drive nude but we do get cold weather here where wearing a bit more than shorts and Hawaiian shirt is necessary.

My wife has a saying she uses for many things, "... you'll feel better!" "Take a shower, take a nap, eat something..." My favorite, which she uses quite a bit while I'm driving is, "take your clothes off, you'll feel better." She's right and I do.

This post was edited