Nude gardening

Hi there new here

This topic was edited
RE:Nude gardening

I was out replanting my strawberry plants inthe nice weather

This post was edited

Only started a very simple garden this year. We have the usual tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, watermelon, squash & zucchini. They have been in the ground about two months and doing reasonably well. I have kept them dusted with Sevin powder (the liquid never worked for me) and kept the bugs at bay. Maybe this year well have more than a handful of squash though Im not holding my breath. LOL.

This post was edited

It's not exactly glam but I managed to get outside and do a spot of tidying today. It barely looks like I've made a dent in it but its a start :)

This post was edited

It's not exactly glam but I managed to get outside and do a spot of tidying today. It barely looks like I've made a dent in it but its a start :)

Sometimes it's an overwhelming sight, that yard in dire need of tending, and not knowing where to begin. But begin and triumph we must and do, lording over those incessant, unwanted greenies that are trying to take over! I'm a firm believer in mulching (cypress and cedar) and neglected to do it to one of our two double-dug beds last fall, prompting a much more difficult weed clearing process a few weeks ago after a good rain made the task a touch more bearable. Now that bed is happily planted in our lovingly raised from seed tomato and pepper plants, all of them showing good signs of recovery from the transplant process. Still have about three feet to fill with the sweet peppers, maybe even take that on later today if the tropical moisture above us decides to wain, and then the impatient wait begins until those little flower buds bloom and the fruits of our labors slowly come to be eatable!

Once the rains have ended I intend to take a picture or three of our labors and share them here in the room gallery. Any other naked gardeners here care to share some sights and skin from your hard work?

Looking good, RitaDee! Persevere and clear!

This post was edited

Thank you Wildwilly1 . I've been back out again clearing up plant that I've discovered is self seeding no wonder it's went wild in the last year! When it flowers you've to remove them when they start wilting or else... I didn't last year so suffering the "or else" now. Its looking better now thankfully :)

This post was edited

its been nice here in Dorset for the last week so have also been out tidying up ,been trying to do the no mow May but with the wet weather we had earlier in April grass is really tall now.

This post was edited

Thank you Wildwilly1 . I've been back out again clearing up plant that I've discovered is self seeding no wonder it's went wild in the last year! When it flowers you've to remove them when they start wilting or else... I didn't last year so suffering the "or else" now. Its looking better now thankfully :)

Any idea what that insistent plant is, Rita? Maybe a picture to share of it, hopefully with a certain comely gardener in frame? I'm sure your weeds are very different from what we deal with in Virginia.

We've got plenty of unwanted plants which seem to find a way in, whether by seed or runner, like this crap crab grass which digs up from the surrounding yard and up and out of our 11" double-dug beds, that shit! With the heavier mulching we did last fall, most of the re-seeding we're experiencing is from plants we put in last year, tomatoes and ornamental hot peppers. Even got a basil some bird must've transported (aka pooped) in the bed - I'm letting that one grow to its hearts delight, even with four others in pots on our deck, we love the basil in our food! If we get a bumper crop this year we may even try to can some pesto. But best usage is in a caprese salad oh yes! And now I'm salivating, hee ~

This post was edited

I'll have to look at it again as I can't remember what it was, it's quite pretty to be honest but not when it's invaded everywhere.

No gardening for me today as I got out for a lovely long walk and I even managed a couple of miles of it nude, it was just lovely :)

This post was edited

I'll have to look at it again as I can't remember what it was, it's quite pretty to be honest but not when it's invaded everywhere.No gardening for me today as I got out for a lovely long walk and I even managed a couple of miles of it nude, it was just lovely :)

Wow, that's a HUGE garden, hee hee! No green within eyesight ~ you've got your work cut out for you, Rita ;

This post was edited

Hmmm, 4/5 of my message got deleted, dammit! What's up with TN today....

My comment to Rita was cut off in mid sentence, something along the lines of, "at least it looks like the weeding is done." Keep up the good work and thank you bunches for the new picture!

I also had added a bunch of info about our garden's progression but I'm not going to type it all here again and again if the message is going to get chopped off ~ so I'll just add that our sweet peppers are in as of yesterday and I'll be mowing on Monday so I can take a couple of pictures to play show&tell here, maybe even take one with the primary dirt-digger in his element and out of his bothersome clothes beside the garden. No clothes makes every chore a whole bunch easier, doesn't it?

This post was edited