Talking to the Neighbors

Hi there.
I have a couple of questions that I hope you folks can help me with. I've read a lot of posts about discussing nudism with neighbors and it seems like it always works out for the best, but has anyone had a bad experience with a neighbor that wanted no part in possibly seeing you nude? How did you react or respond? Also, did you ask for their permission or just tell them that you're a nudist and may see some nudity at some point?
Thanks in advance.

This topic was edited
RE:Talking to the Neighbors

Our neighbors in Utah were strict Mormons and they do not approve of public nudity and our backyard they considered public. We simply built a large patio with a hot tub and enclosed it with outdoor curtains and problem solved. We still got full sun and we could enjoy our space nude with no issues. When we moved to Arizona in 2020 we purchased a home that afforded privacy so our entire backyard is private! We swim, garden, BBQ whatever totally nude not to mention nude pool parties. Both our neighbors know we are nudists. One enjoys being nude in their yard the other is seasonal and could careless. Later we discovered that skinny dipping in a private pool is the norm here especially when it hits above 110 degrees.

This post was edited

Our old home I got tired of seeking around (my neighbor could see right into my yard ) so one day we were texting each other and I asked if they would mined if I went nude in my yard ,a minint or 2 went by he came back it was not a problem ,have to say thevfurst couple of times they saw me it was different but after that no big deal

This post was edited

We live out in the desert on 1+ acre lots. The pool/patio is also enclosed by block wall. Fairly private.
When we bought this house 10 years ago, we made clear to our neighbors (we only have 2) that we are nudist, so if they don't want to see skin, they should look away. Both actually said they were skinny dippers. They have both since moved away, and we don't really know the new neighbors, but we have not changed our lifestyle. As far as I'm concerned this is our private yard and paradise.

This post was edited

We live out in the desert on 1+ acre lots. The pool/patio is also enclosed by block wall. Fairly private.When we bought this house 10 years ago, we made clear to our neighbors (we only have 2) that we are nudist, so if they don't want to see skin, they should look away. Both actually said they were skinny dippers. They have both since moved away, and we don't really know the new neighbors, but we have not changed our lifestyle. As far as I'm concerned this is our private yard and paradise.

AMEN!!

This post was edited

What are the nudity laws for your area? I would proceed with caution if the law prohibits nudity in a place others can see... If it is legal to hell with it; strut your stuff and enjoy the nudist lifestyle to the fullest!

This post was edited

It's kind of a grey area. There's nudity and indecency, two separate offenses. It's never been very clear.

This post was edited

i had a verrrrry bad experience when i lived in TX in a ground level Apt. i walked round naked as i do now ( in a different state and higher up Apt.) and i kept the blinds open 1. it was my Apt. 2. to let the sun in instead of using the electric lights during the day any way the neighbors kids peered into my livingroom window and had to see me naked and told their parents that im naked and they ( the parents ) called the police on me, i then asked the police officers if it was against the law to be naked in my own Apt. that i pay rent on, they said " no its not " but flonting it infront of kids is ... i also said they should not been peeping into my windows like they had done either. the next thing i knew after they came to talk to me and left i went to the mailbox a few days later and had a citation for exposing myself to kids ( lucky i did not have to register as pedifile ) i tried to fight it but i had to pay almost 500.00 due to noisy kids. now i kept wallking round naked but was ordered to close the blinds when kids cant see me naked

This post was edited

Damn, that sucks. I wonder if they would have had the same response if it had been a woman walking around nude?

This post was edited