RE:Comments

Lee, thank you. I completely agree with your thoughts and perspective. I know that personally, I came here for exactly the same reasons you have raised. Well said.

This post was edited

When your nude or talking about being nude, sexuall context will appear in any conversation. It's just par for the course. How you handle it is a reflection on your maturity. I have been naked a lot of times in both large and small groups and discussions have turned sexuall in one way or another. I never considered it to be a big deal. A bunch of people getting naked in front of each other takes a lot of confidence, if you can't handle a little sexuall discussion and comments then maybe nudism isn't truly for you. You have to be comfortable in your own skin and your circle of friends

This post was edited

Yeah i hear ya, i have only been on this site for just on 2 years now, i came here to meet other nudists for friendship nothing sexual..

it had been going well though being a single straight man has it's challenges in the naturist world esp on this site, so last night i jumped into chat to try and talk to people only to be hit with a PM by a guy asking me if i ever had a blow job from a guy and would i like to, repeatedly
telling him i wasnt interested only to have him carry on his life story on how hegot his dick sucked by a guy and that i should try it...WTF
seriously take the hit...all while this was going on he was browsing my photos liking and left some pretty unhinged comments on my photos also telling me i shouldnt loose weight cause he likes his men big n hairy....

im normally pretty ok with comments on "Oh your looking good" etc, this is the first time i have had comments of this nature and ended up blocking him and deleting his comments, cant remove his likes...

i can see why its so hard for single guys to meet people without it turning sexual...i know that sort of thing comes with being a naturist, but seriously have some respect forother people who arent here for the sexual aspect

This post was edited

Yeah i hear ya, i have only been on this site for just on 2 years now, i came here to meet other nudists for friendship nothing sexual..it had been going well though being a single straight man has it's challenges in the naturist world esp on this site, so last night i jumped into chat to try and talk to people only to be hit with a PM by a guy asking me if i ever had a blow job from a guy and would i like to, repeatedlytelling him i wasnt interested only to have him carry on his life story on how hegot his dick sucked by a guy and that i should try it...WTFseriously take the hit...all while this was going on he was browsing my photos liking and left some pretty unhinged comments on my photos also telling me i shouldnt loose weight cause he likes his men big n hairy....im normally pretty ok with comments on "Oh your looking good" etc, this is the first time i have had comments of this nature and ended up blocking him and deleting his comments, cant remove his likes...i can see why its so hard for single guys to meet people without it turning sexual...i know that sort of thing comes with being a naturist, but seriously have some respect forother people who arent here for the sexual aspectIgnore those messages

I have, as i said i deleted the comments and have now set some of my photos to friends only views

This post was edited

You've clearly set expectations for how others should behave. Who is accountable for nurturing and guiding them or are they left to their own tools and resources?

Trying to fix. manage, and control how another person thinks ] behaves ] believes can't be done in a single post. What are you doing to preserve or change the culture for the betterment of all?

This post was edited

What are you doing to preserve or change the culture for the betterment of all?

Great question! We need to foster a positive spirit of nudism. Will we always be aligned? No. But an attitude of empathy and compassion goes a lot further. Two negatives won't make a positive. We lead by example. Thank you!

This post was edited

Unfortunately there are (and always will be) a lot of people (mostly guys) who are looking for sexual encounters and they don't differentiate between sex and the practice of being naked.
Just look at almost any nude beach. There will be a percentage of people who are there only to look for sexual encounters. It's not about being naked, but for them it's a gateway to getting it on with someone and getting off.
Then of course you get the spammers on here who register fake accounts and send you messages to "check out my pics at www. --- .com".
Funny how every one of them has their pics on the same web address!
I just ignore all of this and focus on why I am here.
Just like when I go to a nude beach, I don't pay any attention to the guys walking past playing with their cocks.

This post was edited

Im totally understanding you and agree. When Im at a nudist resort, we dont talk about the size of penises or breast sizes. Never have I had some dude walk up to me and say Im sexy. Thats a good way to get knocked out. Yet people freely do that from their keyboard at home. My rule for online interaction is to not say something I wouldnt say face to face. And if you do say those things in person, there is something uncivilized about you.

This post was edited

Resort and online conduct are apples and oranges. I find it easy to ignore sexual comments and friend requests because the posters fail to engage with me. Conduct at mixed nudist resorts appears quite controlled, especially given their discriminatory policies. My experience at Haulover and Hippie Hollow were positive where people seemed to be calm and respectful. But on the other hand, it tends to be easier to be that way around men who aren't photogenic.

In general I find it strange how quick nudists are to judge others, but I've never read anything which has given careful consideration to how to behave. For example, what can you tell a new nudist visitor about how to look at others? The two extremes are to stare at your feet or the other's genitals. What are sound guidelines in between? Who's defining the solutions? Of course the right attitude is important, but concrete guidelines from ANR or TNS would be helpful.

This post was edited

My feeling is that nudity is natural. Act like youve been there before. Its sophomoric to make something titillating that doesnt need to be as such. Its just how we are. Its really not hard to figure out. You dont even need a written policy. Its just standard conduct.

This post was edited