A Successful Party!

We hosted a BBQ and Pool Party yesterday and it was a huge success. Great group of people and fun conversation along with floating in the pool and indulging in a BBQ dinner. Now we have offered to host here on TrueNudists on more than one occasion and we have hosted on more than one occasion and they have been incredibly disappointing with no shows that RSVP'ed yes. I remember July 2 years ago we had 18 RSVP's and 2 showed! When hosting the cost of providing and preparing food and drinks pretty expensive and work only to be thrown out or stored.

So what was the difference this time? We sent the invitations and posted through the Naturist Hub for AANR members! Every single RSVP showed! So it shows me that the "True Nudist" can be found by people who invest a few dollars to support a nudist organization and moreover are true nudists that enjoy socializing with true nudists.

Don't get me wrong we enjoy this site and are thankful to be part of it (Lifetime Paid Members of TN) as we have met some incredible people that otherwise we would not have. Now we have been members for over 13 years and the evolution is rather obvious to us; it seems like it is more Looky Lou's have joined rather than people that are in the lifestyle or want to take their first steps into the nudist community.

Thoughts???

This topic was edited
RE:A Successful Party!

That is a sad story with happy ending and disappointing for TN but does not surprise, have almost given up meeting locals on the rare time I have available.

This post was edited

Im afraid I agree with your assessment fully. We had a few get together set up here, with very poor attendance. We had a few get togethers set up from an old meet-up group and had great turnouts.

This post was edited

So glad you had a great party. Hope I can catch the next one but sounds like I need to drop some small coin.

This post was edited

I believe you are right as well... We offered to host a party here and also on Trueswingers and had 1 person respond. Like you we've met some amazing people here and become friends, but I think most of the people are here to see naked people. It's sad to say that, and I hope I'm wrong.

This post was edited

As all have stated in their response, there are true nudist among all those on TN though you have to keep plugging at it and keep 'turning over the rocks' to find them. Yes, a good majority of individuals on this site are what somebody already referred to as "looky looks' or something like that. They just are here to see naked bodies and do what they should be doing behind private doors (or on TS). It does take time. a lot of it and effort to develop a good group of local individuals that are willing to be there when they say want to be there. You can read profile after profile, 'I want to meet local' or some variation of that but when it comes down to doing it, the reasons or excuses for not been able to 'hang out' are endless, and it's not just once but time after time after time ect ect. This whole internet and instant connection via phone or tables, has lead to a whole different mind set type that is different than before all this electronic connection. There seems to be no sense of accountability for their actions or say non action. The view it more of a 'it's not my fault' attitude and I can do as I like without carrying for the concequences of their actions. Even if you make them pay, some will still no show you. Why, simple they found something better to do, and you were not the better thing to do. Now some say it's with the younger crowed, for the most part it is, but it does go across all age groups. I have found the harder it is to be part of something the more individuals will commit to it. But to think you can ask them why, a good deal of them will not even bother to respond when asked. It is best to learn for each event, and find ways to make them more responsible for RSVPing and attending. It may come down to just blocking those that don't attend after, say two times. Why bother to do block them? It is way your not 'hopping' that this time they will show up and you've gone thru the whole expense of the food and drinks and not to mention the time it took to get it all and set up. It is not unique to have no shows, I always count on at least 30% not to show up of establish individuals and nearly 90% of newbies from TN. As you saw, it not just in one city, it's all over the country. One way I'm finding to reduce the no shows is to make them pay, take up a collection BEFORE the party, when they RSVP. If it is a group you are setting up to have nude gatherings, then have a membership fee that gives them a 'free' party or two per membership period, and you'll see how they seem to attend when they read the word 'free' (though they've paid for it advance). This latest concept seems to have a more better RSVP and attendance result though fewer are in the group but you have a better result showing up, which is what we wanted to start with.
Going back to the original post, yes I agree I find the AANR members are more committed to attending when they RSVP, it's the mindset that they have that non committed nudist have yet to get.

This post was edited