Florida Trail

I've heard the Florida Trail is great for naturist hiking. I've only been on one little section of it and the black mosquitos drove me away! Today I made another attempt. This time on the Gator Hook Trail in the Everglades south of 41. The bugs weren't nearly as bad and I had the trail all to myself. Really was a beautiful hike. I nearly got to the end of the trail when a thunderstorm blew in. So I turned and walked back slowly in the pouring rain. The rain was gorgeous and so refreshing. Too bad I had to go alone. This would have been a great hike experience for friends. Anybody wanna plan a hike?

This topic was edited
RE:Florida Trail

i'm intrigued by these trails but florida seems to have turned in the nile river with all it's exotic critters ] crocs , gators , pythons , giant lizards lol , i've even heard of sharks in the glades. i grew up in south florida in the 60's - mid 70's i remember seeing one small gator while fishing in the glades and a couple rattlers . i'd be interested in hearing some of your encounters or others while hiking. here in georgia i've done a lot of off grid hiking and most i've seen were squirrels and a few deer .

This post was edited
RE:Florida Trail

Wild tales of deadly encounters with swamp monsters are certainly sensational but not realistic. Most encounters gone wrong are caused by people doing stupid stuff, like posing for a selfie with a buffalo in Yellowstone.

This post was edited