Nude critter sighting of the day

Well . . . the title isnt too exciting and the days are much the same & thats a good thing. We had an armadillo express its joy about the 4th & run across the front yard about 9AM on the holiday. It wasnt quite a leisurely stroll as it knew the fireworks could start at any moment. Specifically, a .22LR noisemaker but it wasnt to be. I couldnt find my ammo in time (I had rearranged some stuff) and it wandered -hurriedly- off into the woods. They have been digging holes in the yard for a while & I was tired of it. Maybe it will revisit on Labor Day and will earn its just reward. Not quite like the Florida Black Bear that crossed the road about a month ago as that one nor us was able to make a getaway but that has since been resolved. We didnt even get a rug out of it. And, by the way, all the critters were nude & in the country! Anyone else here have a story to report?

This topic was edited
RE:Nude critter sighting of the day

three baby fawns, dressed in spots maybe 18 inches tall, and their mother who was not in spots so maybe nude this morning.

This post was edited

I had another nude critter sighting yesterday morning while working in the shop. This wasnt the usual frog, lizard or skink but one of their admirers. A smallish snake, probably grey rat, was laying in my shop somewhat deflated. Yep, it had been there for, most likely, a little over a week. It had probably been pursuing a frog and got caught up in a roll of landscape mesh & couldnt escape. It initially gave me a startle but it soon subsided. Anyway, it was cut out of the mesh & returned to nature . . . we must recycle, mustnt we! LOL. Thats the only critter sighting of note recently, which is good. Though sometimes I do wonder how many big rattlers I have walked past in the woods because I know theyre out there. Hmmmmmmm

This post was edited

We have deer, does with fons, lots of bucks . Just had three turkey hens with their brood in the yard for the past three mouths. Have seen skunks, fox and raccoons.
And yes, their less afraid of you if your naked and talking. If you talk, make nose, your not a threat, your not sneaking up on them.

This post was edited