A subject for this space

I saw this Youtube video this morning:, and though it would be a interesting topic of discussion for this group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7FgNY23SXg

I realize that idea of using AI to put clothing on photos of nearly unclad woman might seam strange to a group of nudist woman, it is an interesting thought. I am not one of those "I should be allowed to go nude on public types". I accept that society thinks we need to be clothed on public, it part of the society social contract we are kind of agree to to live in a society (yes I realize that is a strange sentence). I am not a social nudist, and have no desire to force my nudity upon another.

This topic was edited
RE:A subject for this space

Soooo I actually think this is really gross? Like I'm looking at the first example pic, and they removed a woman's tattoos and gave her bigger breasts, in an effort to "dignify" her. And then the show's host praised the commentary with it, which was just....really degrading i thought. And honestly, I'm giving up 3 minutes in.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/dignifai-4chan-shame-women-1234961851/

I think this is a good counterpoint to the same AI we're talking about, and her point about this being a violation of bodily autonomy. And I think it's noteworthy that looking at the AI's feed on twitter (not calling it the other thing) they're suggested to mention the original ladies, so they can shame them.

I agree theres a social contract about appropriate levels of clothing, but the answer isn't to let just anyone enforce that on their own; random people on the street don't get a vote about what I'm wearing :P

This post was edited
RE:A subject for this space

Honestly I'm not quite sure what I make of it
Generally speaking, I'm not a fan of photo editing, I might zoom in or change the brightness so it looks a bit more vivid but I wouldn't edit the content . Firstly, I would say that I agree people are fed up of scantly clad sexual images, but I think people are more fed up of the fakery of it all
This just seems like the other side of the coin.

The wider issue is with society in general. nudity is always associated with sex. Possibly it's an unconscious bias. Part of me thinks it's because we all from fundamentally religious societies - even though to my mind we are moving on from religion. It's still builds the fundamental blocks of our societal standards.

Overall, I don't think I like it. Clothes and babies do not necessarily make us wholesome just like nudity does not make us dirty.

This post was edited