RE:Are Jock Straps making a comeback

i remember 7th grade pe class and the list - white t shirt , blue gym shorts, jock strap, white socks and sneakers , seem like we got it all at kmart ? and yes the jock strap had a wide band i remember the first few days dressing out and wearing them with my white briefs than just the jock strap under my shorts i actually liked them and bought another for at home to wear under my shorts playing outside. i spent most of my years 11 and up in south florida and pe class unless rain outdoors so hot days - most days were hot we peeled off the t shirt and lost the jock strap most coaches after first week didn't care and a lot cooler and we either had a nice tan or sunburned . i still have and wear jock straps and old school i like the off white wide band the best but have a thin band and a few color ones i wear under my clothes when i'm not going commando.

This post was edited

I havent seen a jock strap in years. I suspect my oldest s o n had to wear them for soccer but I dont really know. Other than that, the last time I wore one was probably 9th grade PE back in yesteryear. I do remember a rather hard impact to the family jewels during my racing years where one wouldve been really, really helpful but thats about it. I suspect they have largely gone the way of showers in PE, a memory of us older guys. Theyll probably make a comeback eventually but we wont notice. I think well be ok in the meantime.

This post was edited

I never wore one, even during my judo or karate practices. Always went commando!!

This post was edited

It may be a cultural thing but amongst my gay friends jockstraps remain popular not only for exercise but for fashion and comfort. We often talk about the different styles or designs we like and wear them regularly. I always wear one when I go running or to the gym mainly for the support. Regular underwear doesnt really provide great support and I wont run or workout commando - with the exception being naked runs at the resorts that Ive done. There are so many great looking jockstraps available now. My biggest complaint about them is that some sellers want $40 for one piece!

This post was edited

I think jocks have become pretty popular these days. I believe most mid to high end brand sell them. I love wearing them

This post was edited

The only time I wore my jock strap in 7th through graduation was if I need a cup. I went without otherwise. We only wore suits in the pool for meets. We practiced without suits until the girls joined us for training.

This post was edited

In the gay/bi community, I'm not certain if jock straps ever went out of style. I have more than a few in all different styles and colors.

This post was edited

Lord, I hope not! hahahaLast time I wore one was in HS for sports (football) freshman year. I didn't wear one for track (sophomore year). By then, I'd stopped wearing underwear, so I was commando all the time and was running commando.

I hope they do! They're more comfortable than boxer briefs and hold everything in place when you need them to stay out of the way. Ever try rowing commando or in running shorts? It hurts.

This post was edited

Lord, I hope not! hahahaLast time I wore one was in HS for sports (football) freshman year. I didn't wear one for track (sophomore year). By then, I'd stopped wearing underwear, so I was commando all the time and was running commando.I hope they do! They're more comfortable than boxer briefs and hold everything in place when you need them to stay out of the way. Ever try rowing commando or in running shorts? It hurts.

I have not done much rowing at all, but have read that some long distance rowers row nude!

This post was edited

The only time i wore one was while i was playing Lacrosse to hold protection in place, better safe than sorry !

This post was edited