Looking good !

Just finished a three tour of the beaches at Bon Secour, ; everything is about the same, new shipwreck just west of Pirates Pass.

This topic was edited
RE:Looking good !

You had mentioned something about a cannon in a previous post; Im not sure if it was one found after a storm or what. Do you have any details on it? That would be quite a find.

This post was edited

Good morning John, Yes, its still there. The storm eroded much of the peninsula and uncovered the artifact. Its upside down with the wheels in the air and the rest underwater and under sand. That area is remote and few boaters pass nearby, because of the shoals.

This post was edited

I wouldnt know any better; Id be out there with a shovel trying to dig it up. Unless you find a real human & not some AI type bureaucrat, it will sit out there for years with caution tape waiting to be examined. The less the government does for me, the better off I am.

This post was edited

Good morning John ,
The bay is warming up, and as soon as boating season begins, we will head over to check out Cannon Beach. The unofficial word is the cannon is still there, but covered with trawler net remnants and driftwood. Could be a natural occurrence or a deliberate act of camouflage. Lol.... but,FACT : in Alabama, artifacts are placed on a secure list, and not disclosed to the public. My contact told me it is to prevent pilfering by treasure hunters, as it takes months, and often years, to orgasm, lol....ORGANIZE .. ( dam that autocorrect ) a funded archeological survey . I guess they figure if its been there for centuries, whats a few more years ...lol...

This post was edited

I figured as much; good to see you out & about and posting again. I'll get over there one day.

This post was edited