Neighbors

Okay, I have a question. I just moved to a place that isn't surrounded
by 2 story houses, and I have a pool, so I'm wondering if I should talk
to the neighbors about not looking over/through the fence unless they
want to get an eyefull. Would like to have some BBQ's/Parties with
nudist friends, but don't want to get in any trouble, or offend anyone.
How do the rest of you deal with these issues? I mean, it's a 6 foot fence, but I can look over a 6 foot fence if I want to.

This topic was edited
RE: Neighbors

I would love to entertain in my backyard, with brand new 6 foot fence (thanks to IKE), but my neighbor can definitely see over the fence from his back porch deck. I have be a little selective.

This post was edited

From my experience (long story noisy neighbor thick hedges and cops) most of the time the law is that if you make a reasonable effort to obscure your neighbors view of your outdoor nude activities then they have no recourse against you. That doesn't insure that they will like you anymore for it though. It's always best to at least try to be a little friendly with the people you have to live next too. I agree with Pashaw though that you should really check into the local laws to make sure before you schedule your first nude backyard party. Something to think about is that in a lot of areas building codes allow for a fence no higher than 6 feet but allow for things such as lattice and think growing vines to be added above that 6 foot limit. You might want to check on that one while you're doing your research.

This post was edited

BTW, the ex discovered that nite that she liked one of the nude neighbors more than she liked me.... Thus the EX.... LOL

Sorry to hear that.

This post was edited

BTW, the ex discovered that nite that she liked one of the nude neighbors more than she liked me.... Thus the EX.... LOL

Sorry to hear that.

I'm not !!!!! LOL

This post was edited

Gr8 to see a good attitude about it.
Yep, bin there, done that, it's hell at the time, but for anyone who is going through it now, there's a good chance that you will come to think it was for the best in the long run. Not that it helps much at the time :(

This post was edited
neighbors

We have just been upfront with our neighbors. They know we lay out naked on our deck and swim nude in our pool. We have a 6 foot fence around our yard with locking gates. When we are nude, we lock the gate. It works out for everyone. A few times the neighbors have joined us in our pool, we stay nude, sone get undressed, some do not. We are all adults and nobody has a problem with it.
Different story when the neighborhood kids want to use the pool. Their parents call first. We get dressed and they come over.

This post was edited

Gr8 to see a good attitude about it.
Yep, bin there, done that, it's hell at the time, but for anyone who is going through it now, there's a good chance that you will come to think it was for the best in the long run. Not that it helps much at the time :(

That is all so true Phil, I can vouch for that. At the time, you never think you will get through it, but after a few years, you will see that it is for the best....

Take this from a guy that has been married and divorced 4 times.... They say, practice make perfect.... Right???? Right???? Right????

Steve

This post was edited

Darn-Steve --just quit dont make any more silly women miserable--lol--for a short period of time

This post was edited

Darn-Steve --just quit dont make any more silly women miserable--lol--for a short period of time

Ever hear of the ex-wives club???? I GOT ONE !!!!!! LOL

Steve

This post was edited

Thanks so much for your input guys! I think I will lay low through the
winter, get to know everybody, then give them a heads up when the
weather warms up. If they don't seem to take to the idea, I'll just
work hard on making sure the fence gets a little higher somehow. And
who knows, maybe they'll be guests at my first naked BBQ?!

This post was edited