on the soap box

i have noticed quite a few profiles that are blank or have restricted access, or photos that are not visable, i.e. friends only, certified only etc. this is a nudist site, presumably we are all nudists, why post photos/profiles and block access? i will not except friend requests from people who have blank or restricted access to their profile. i feel we are being a little bit contradictory when we try to project the image of a safe, open trusting lifestyle on the one hand but can not trust other nudists to see our information? just my two bobs worth!harley

This topic was edited
RE: on the soap box

hmmm, not sure i agree with you there bruce, this is a nudist site, so pix would only be seen by other nudists, and think in todays climate of "discrimination" tend to think it would be a VERY brave/fooolish employer who sacked somebody for being a nudist? i also think, that is what some nudists think, is the way textiles would think, but i think most people couldnt give a damn about others being nudists.harley

This post was edited

i have noticed quite a few profiles that are blank or have restricted access, or photos that are not visable, i.e. friends only, certified only etc. this is a nudist site, presumably we are all nudists, why post photos/profiles and block access? i will not except friend requests from people who have blank or restricted access to their profile. i feel we are being a little bit contradictory when we try to project the image of a safe, open trusting lifestyle on the one hand but can not trust other nudists to see our information? just my two bobs worth!harleyGet rid of the people here only to extend their own sexual gratification and the picture hunter/gathers. Then you might see people open up their profiles.
If you find the need to peer into others lives via their profile before you friend them on here that's fine, I won't send or accept friendship requests on here unless I have got to know the person on here by communicating with them first as this way I get the vibes I don't get from reading a static profile or looking at nude pictures.
I can't see the real need to be so pedantic over whether one has a filled out profile or a multitude of naked photo's. Maybe we should ban all unclothed photos and watch the unsavoury members depart because the no longer get kicks viewing pictures of naked people especially naked women.

This post was edited

i have noticed quite a few profiles that are blank or have restricted access, or photos that are not visable, i.e. friends only, certified only etc. this is a nudist site, presumably we are all nudists, why post photos/profiles and block access? i will not except friend requests from people who have blank or restricted access to their profile. i feel we are being a little bit contradictory when we try to project the image of a safe, open trusting lifestyle on the one hand but can not trust other nudists to see our information? just my two bobs worth!harleyGet rid of the people here only to extend their own sexual gratification and the picture hunter/gathers. Then you might see people open up their profiles.
If you find the need to peer into others lives via their profile before you friend them on here that's fine, I won't send or accept friendship requests on here unless I have got to know the person on here by communicating with them first as this way I get the vibes I don't get from reading a static profile or looking at nude pictures.
I can't see the real need to be so pedantic over whether one has a filled out profile or a multitude of naked photo's. Maybe we should ban all unclothed photos and watch the unsavoury members depart because the no longer get kicks viewing pictures of naked people especially naked women.like

This post was edited

but doesnt being able to have a blank profile make it easier for those here for wrong reasons?harley

This post was edited

hmmm, not sure i agree with you there bruce, this is a nudist site, so pix would only be seen by other nudists, and think in todays climate of "discrimination" tend to think it would be a VERY brave/fooolish employer who sacked somebody for being a nudist? i also think, that is what some nudists think, is the way textiles would think, but i think most people couldnt give a damn about others being nudists.harleyYou're about as wrong as wrong gets. It's painfully obvious not everyone on here are nudists, in fact most of the members on this site aren't nudists.
My wife and I have both lost jobs because we were nudists, both in the past five years. Nudism is a chosen lifestyle, thus does not fall under any discrimination laws. LIKE

This post was edited

Nudists are not a protected class. It's not a religion, not gender based, or age related. It's not a racial issue or a sexual orientation, nor is it a disability of any kind. Nope, it's a way of life, an expression of freedom and makes us happy. An employer can fire you just for being a nudist. You would have absolutely no recourse in an "at will" state like California. If we could prove that nudism is a genetic trait, we'd have something!

This post was edited

RE: on the soap box "Nudists are not a protected class. It's
not a religion, not gender based, or age related. It's not a racial
issue or a sexual orientation, nor is it a disability of any kind.
Nope, it's a way of life, an expression of freedom and makes us
happy. An employer can fire you just for being a nudist. You would
have absolutely no recourse in an at will state like California. If
we could prove that nudism is a genetic trait, we'd have
something!"

Perhaps, wecould claim mental disability since the textiles
already feel that we are all crazy. Then the government might be
required to institutionalize us in all inclusive nude or clothing
optional resorts.

This post was edited

And why do people send friend request without saying anything and when you go to look at the profile it is blank. Who wants to accept friend request from a blank profile?

This post was edited

hmmm, not sure i agree with you there bruce, this is a nudist site, so pix would only be seen by other nudists, and think in todays climate of "discrimination" tend to think it would be a VERY brave/fooolish employer who sacked somebody for being a nudist? i also think, that is what some nudists think, is the way textiles would think, but i think most people couldnt give a damn about others being nudists.harleyYou're about as wrong as wrong gets. It's painfully obvious not everyone on here are nudists, in fact most of the members on this site aren't nudists.
My wife and I have both lost jobs because we were nudists, both in the past five years. Nudism is a chosen lifestyle, thus does not fall under any discrimination laws. Can somebody please pass me the BS spray?

This post was edited

My wife and I have both lost jobs because we were nudists, both in the past five years. Nudism is a chosen lifestyle, thus does not fall under any discrimination laws. Can somebody please pass me the BS spray?You're going to need a very big spray.

This post was edited