Clothing optional Party

New here, first post.
Anyone ever thrown an optional party? How'd the first one go?
We are around 50 and while I'm an avid nudist my wife is morereserved about it. We have a fairly private pool area and arethinking ofhavinga clothing optional partysome evening, it'd be our first. We want our guest to know up front we plan on getting nude and would like for them to as well, but we have no idea how it will be recieved up front. Several attempts at getting them to ditch the swim suits at the pool usually ends up with me having to put mine on, so we thought an announced party lets them know up front what's going on. If they decline we know, they attend, well...party ison.
Figure with nothing but torch lights around the pool and string lights here and there it's give a good dim light mood.
Finger food and drinks, no sit down dinner or anything.
Biggest issue will obviously be our friends, not sure how many are game for something like this. One couplewe know would even though we've never interacted nude with them, their nudist around their pool all the time as well,the other two not so sure of. Like to have 3-4 couples total if possible to make it worth while.
We're all 40-50, they know we're nudist, one iffy couple probably would since they just got back from a resort with a nude beach (first time) and said they got used to it, the last couple probably would if the others did, it'd be a new experience for them.
Based on the nude beaches and resort parties I've been to women wear thin sarongs or a see through cover shirt only when they're not in the pool, men would wear nothing or unbuttoned hawaiian type shirts, which is what my wife and I wear when we visit them.usually we wear nothing lounging or in the pool,but usually put something on to mill about, but not always.
Based on that we could tell the other couples what to bring to make them more comfortable. It is after all "optional" or should we approach each couple first to gauge their interest?
How did your first private optional party go, either throwing it or attending someone elses?

This topic was edited
RE: Clothing optional Party

if you send out a invitation i would note a clothing optional party but nude in the pool, for those uncomfortable nude but still interested the darkness will give them a chance to slip in and enjoy the party especially if other encourage them, if left clothing optional they will be left in their bathing suits and not part of the nudism experience.

This post was edited

Our first nude dinner party went very well. But every one we invited were nudists. A suggestion would be for you to invite your friends to a skinny-dip party.I also agree 100% with what CoguyCO posted regarding being very clear about it not being a sexfest or not using C/O as a euphamism.

As far as Nude Beaches are concerned Ican tell you that whenever we've been to a nude beach, the only time a sarong was worn by me or clothing worn by my husbandwas the walk from the parking lot to the beach. Once we pass the "nudists beyond this point" signeverything comes off andnothing goes back on until it's time to leave.Same for the nudist clubs and resorts we've been too. Unless, of course, it gets really cold. Nude where possible, clothed when practical.

Jen

This post was edited

I had a nude party at my house several years ago. I talked to my friends about nude parties and eliminated those that said no. Sent out the invitations via email and everyone came.My party wasn't clothing optional however - nude start to finish.A couple of people who had said no later told me they wish they had come. They didn't come because of fear of social nudity and regreted missing the opportunity to try it.

This post was edited

Thanks for the quick replies.
We're having most of the couples over this weekend fora July 4th cookout at the pool, since it'll carry over into the evening I'll bring up skinny dipping. Butan initialskinny dipping party sounds like a nice "youthful" sounding way to get started instead of a clothing optional party.
Definitely not looking for any type swinging parties. We just like to shed the clothes.
The wife and I would like to meet more nudist in the area, since we don't have that many friends our close friends are the only ones we know to invite. Meeting and having more couples for a later party that could also recipricate would be nice.

This post was edited

Welcome to TrueNudists. It's a pretty good community. It's always great seeing other Carolinians on here..
I am the founder and director of Travelites, now in its 24th year. We have over 100 members at this point. Please email me if you'd like to have the club's information packet. You can email travelites@prodigy.net or me at cheridonna@prodigy.net - I respond to all club email within 24 hours. It would be great to have another pool among our members' ammenities.
Be careful having a nude party without being part of an organization. Should someone drink too much and have an autowreck on the way home or anything else, you would be held responsible. I have learned through others' actions over the years.
Best regards, Cheri

This post was edited

My wife is a nudist, also. However, she takes medication that causes her to have a sensitivity to the sun and burns easily. When we go to a nudist venue, she stays nude as long as she can without becoming damaged (which is what happens when she REALY burns). Then seh covers up until she feels she can stand another dose, she is in the shade, or the sun goes down. When a person covers up, don't judge too fast. There are quite a few with similar problems.

John

This post was edited

My wife is a nudist, also. However, she takes medication that causes her to have a sensitivity to the sun and burns easily. When we go to a nudist venue, she stays nude as long as she can without becoming damaged (which is what happens when she REALY burns). Then seh covers up until she feels she can stand another dose, she is in the shade, or the sun goes down. When a person covers up, don't judge too fast. There are quite a few with similar problems.John

Sounds like a good case of "Nude when possible, clothed when practical" to me!

Jen

This post was edited

Oh shoot, I thought this was a political party, lol.
Well... In South Carolina it is.

This post was edited

"Our first nude dinner party went very well. But every one we invited were nudists."
And what a lovely dinner party it was.... it was my first nude dinner party. Even though I've been a nudist for over 20 yrs (mostly home and a beach girl), I just discovered social nudism about7 yrs ago with resorts and clubs. The dinner party was great, nice mix of people, met some new friends, and took the plunge into the snow angel club.
I agree with all the others about being specific and clear as to what the party is about and what is expected.... If these people are new to the concept of public nudity you should make them as comfortable as possible. You may also need to make sure each brings their own towel and explain the towel thing to them.

Good luck

This post was edited

"Our first nude dinner party went very well. But every one we invited were nudists."
And what a lovely dinner party it was.... it was my first nude dinner party. Even though I've been a nudist for over 20 yrs (mostly home and a beach girl), I just discovered social nudism about7 yrs ago with resorts and clubs. The dinner party was great, nice mix of people, met some new friends, and took the plunge into the snow angel club. I agree with all the others about being specific and clear as to what the party is about and what is expected.... If these people are new to the concept of public nudity you should make them as comfortable as possible. You may also need to make sure each brings their own towel and explain the towel thing to them. Good luck

Thanks i2gobare, you always make everything we do much more fun!

Caster, I should have mentioned, everyone we invited, we met here on TN.

Jen

This post was edited