Portugal - Best Beach

Hi Forum,
New to this site . Looking for advice on a best secluded nude beach in Portugal for a week next August - any advice would be great!
Cheers

This topic was edited
RE:Portugal - Best Beach

I'm sure you will love Portugal. I have been there a few times and it's a wonderful country. There are only 8 official nude beaches, but almost one hundred places where nudity is tolerated all along the Portuguese coast.
Algarve, in the south, is the sunniest region, but in can get really hot in August. To the east, near the Spanish border, you can find very long sandy beaches where it's always possible to find a remote area to get nude. Around the southwestern corner of Portugal (Cape Sao Vicente) beaches are smaller and surrounded by cliffs. There are many great spots for surfing in this area. The stunning red cliffs around Lagos are an iconic view, and there you can find Canavial beach (not official).
Tourism is not so developed in Alentejo, so you won't find large resorts there, only little towns and secluded beaches. The coast also attract lots of surfers. Here, I love Alteirinhos beach (official).
The most famous and first official nude beach in Portugal (Meco beach) is not far from Lisbon.
I have never been in any of the nude beaches in the north of Portugal, but I have written a post in my website where there is a list of all of them (sorry, I'm afraid the rules don't allow me to promote it here).
Don't forget there are also 5 naturist resorts in the country (4 of them near the coast), in case you are interested in a complete nudist vacation.

This post was edited

this is where I'm going to go but with resorts you get the standard set rules , I want to be somewhere nude and a beach, some drinks bbq, friends . and I'm in the uk but I dream of being nude in the heat.

This post was edited

Praia Grande

Praia Grande - a vast stretch of sand that runs all the way from Praia de Armao de Pra to Albufeira.

This post was edited

Coves under coastal foot path from Praia da Rocha to Alvor

This post was edited

Official Nudist beach near Lisbon

This post was edited

As said above4 most of the nudist beaches in Portugal are unofficial. So what! I've been naked on many in the western Algarve, no problem.

This post was edited