RE:Is nudity addictive?

As an addictive sort, I do believe nudism can become an addiction. The real question is, on the scale of addictions, how bad a one is being naked as often as possible? Most everything I love to do is better in the buff, like socializing and yoga and swimming and many sports. I met my sweet honey at a nude resort and now we live here, only putting on cumbersome cloth when it's chilly or weather isn't permitting constant bareness.

Clothing has its place, certainly. Nudism and naturism is to me the culmination of years of wearing dumb cloth on a body which is a gift from above and should not be covered up unless there's no other choice. And as a kid I knew better, but I had to re-learn it in my forties! I have no children but I've heard it is difficult to get kids to put on clothes when the weather is fair, all the way up to when they are nearing puberty. That's simply natural. And then unfortunately children grow up and begin to forget the lessons of the natural world, sadly being re-taught by an overly-sexualized world that they must hide themselves when they start to become adults.

Females are born perfect - they are then conditioned to hide their bodies with clothes and alter themselves into an idealized, unrealistic, unhealthy barbiedoll when they begin to develop and get their period. Males are born perfect - but with the onset of puberty they are made to cover their changing bodies and hide their manliness so they don't get embarrassed. Nudist parents and families are one of very few places where children can avoid this unfortunate, societal-driven loss of personal comfort in one's own beautiful self.

In America, where I live, we are some of the worst offenders when it comes to such ridiculous, contradictory lessons. It gives me hope when I hear of other countries where nudism is accepted and encouraged instead of how it is mostly looked upon in the USA.

When the seventies 'invented' streaking, our social group took to it freely after dark, and we started going skinny-dipping whenever we could, even in mixed company. There was an air of sensuality that permeated the scene (oh those teenage thoughts and feelings can control us), and with that underpinning of sexual intrigue, we forgot some of the most important lessons of nudism . I'm so happy I've re-learned to appreciate the human form in all its limitless variations, and to appreciate the beauty of our bodies beyond the underlying, often undermining sexualism.

Addictive it can be but I'll never give nudism up now that I've learned what I'd forgotten. Addiction is a disease and I'm smiling in my sickness!

This post was edited

I guess one way of determining if it is addictive or not is whether you avoid responsibilities and other enjoyable activities because you don't want to put on clothing to do them!

This post was edited

That's a good rule of thumb.

I don't like to use the term "addiction" because it has a specific medical definition. Instead, I would use "dependency" which becomes serious only when it interferes with a person's ability to have a happy life. When you're spending more money than you should at nudist resorts, when you go naked even if you're uncomfortable, when you cause personal grief to others but persist in it nonetheless, then you've got a problem.

This post was edited

That's a good rule of thumb.I don't like to use the term "addiction" because it has a specific medical definition. Instead, I would use "dependency" which becomes serious only when it interferes with a person's ability to have a happy life. When you're spending more money than you should at nudist resorts, when you go naked even if you're uncomfortable, when you cause personal grief to others but persist in it nonetheless, then you've got a problem.

Addiction can be used not only for medical/ drugs/medicine. People may have addictions other kind of addictions as well.

This post was edited

like other replies, it took me some time to fathom that one out, if it was addictive or a lifestyle, i yearned to be nude as often as possible sometimes i forget im nude and get ready to head out before wife says beast put something on lo. So in my case it is a lifestyle, great response from others on this as well.

This post was edited

I also find the more I'm nude the more I want to be nude, and the more time I spend thinking about when I can be nude again.

This post was edited

Well yes, when I broke out of the required clothing world I found the love of being naked. Always looking for an opportunity to getting naked and enjoying life. I like the all-over-tan that I have since adopting the nudist lifestyle.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy