Nude Sunbathers being booked again in A-Bay, Noosa by disgraceful officiers

It is really disgraceful to see what the officers did in A-Bay (3 Nov 2016) this morning.
I was there at around 11:00am and saw 2 officers in casual wears, they were issuing tickets to some people (including a couple from New Zealand) and after the officers finished their business, they hid under the trees and waiting for new comers to the beach. After people stripped off and walked down to the water, and by the time they came back up, the officers approached them and give them tickets.
The most appalling and disgraceful thing I saw was when a nudist couple (they are pensioners) walked back up from the water to put something on, one of the officers ran to them and booked the man without booking the woman.
These officers behaved like hunters looking for a prey on the beach, they are merciless, even booking the two peaceful pensioners. I believe this couple had been enjoying the beach for decades, long before these arrogant officers were born!!!
Are these officers supposed to have something more important things to do? Are they really upholding the law (should they give warning first before and enforce it?) or they are actually trying to raise revenue?
I am really upset by what I saw this morning and wonder if anyone in this group would be able to help, or to suggest ideas for our lovely A-Bay!
Cheers!

This topic was edited
RE: Nude Sunbathers being booked again in A-Bay, Noosa by disgraceful officiers

Really unbelievable and deplorable.

This post was edited

One wonders if it's just these particular officers, or their particular station or district running this recent blitz?

I haven't heard of anything similar at any of the official unofficial beaches in other areas in the State? Has anyone else? Maybe it's just a local thing?

Sadly (for Qld) - yet another crackdown that will only lead to more and more people taking their business, tourism and money to northern NSW.

This post was edited

Sunnya, the only way this will stop is to get thousands of signatures to the Government. I know this has been tried but you need more than a few thousand signatures and those from interstate telling of how much they will spend on hols here if we have a legal nude beach. We need enough signatures to make members of the government worry they may loose their seat at the next election. If we can't do that it will never happen. As for the officers they are doing what they are told to do by their station Sargent probably because they have had complaints from the public. People having sex in the open are the usual cause of these complaints, they are selfish greedy people with no regard for other beach users least of all nudists. They are only wanting to get off and do not care what the consequences are. I agree whole heartedly that the Police have better things to do than harass harmless nudists. We need to contact the local member continuously until they are sick of hearing from us else the only people they hear from are the complainers. We must keep up the pressure!Cheers Steve

This post was edited

You are dead right people will go to Byron and so will there money! The local councils and government need to hear this loud and clear. Maybe we should be contacting the local tourism council to get some major clout on board!Cheers Steve

This post was edited

Not good that they are booking couples. We go fairly regularly (in fact just 2 weeks ago).
However it does not surprise us that the police are there. Some of the antics that we have seen go on there disgust us. Last time we where there, this one single male was parading around with dual cock rings on and sporting a semi (why he would want to draw attention to his small pathetic appendage is beyond us). He could be seen at regular intervals giving 'it' a bit of a tug, presumedly to keep it at half mast. He later went for a walk totally naked, complete with cock rings, and proceeded up and onto the path towards Hidden Beach/Sunshine Beach.
The amount of single males there (and they often number 3-4 times the number of couples), that 'troll' around the couples, obviously to get a more intimate look, is confronting, with some being so bold as to sit a few metres from us discretely 'playing' with themselves. We have seen on more than a few occasions, 2 single guys lying on the edge of the sand bank, openly masturbating each other which anyone can see. And the way they swarm out of the trees on the sand bank like blow flies, whenever a couple gets up to go for a swim, is pathetic.
Could go on and on . . . . And please don't get us wrong, we have met and made friends with some lovely single gentlemen there, but unfortunately the majority of the single males are not gentlemen.
It is disturbing to us, and we are naked, let alone 'textile' passers-by. We have been tempted to report some of these wankers ourselves, but understand doing so will be to our ultimate detriment.
We have been there on 2 occasions when the police have made an appearance, however we have only ever seen them target the single males. It is a shame the police are now also booking couples. Unfortunately it is the antics that these single males that have no doubt disgusted a few too many 'textiles' that have in turn reported to the authorities.

This post was edited

we live sth side Brisbane so travel to Byron rather than Noosa, we havent been tempted yet to attend A/Bay as we'd always been told it was not legal and the inspectors periodically did patrols and bookings...the sensible thing to do is stay away. dont blame th guys doing their jobs either, they arent the issue, the legislation is the problem

This post was edited

That is annoying! We go there quite often as well. Byron is such a road trip for us as well. damn

This post was edited

we live sth side Brisbane so travel to Byron rather than Noosa, we havent been tempted yet to attend A/Bay as we'd always been told it was not legal and the inspectors periodically did patrols and bookings...the sensible thing to do is stay away. dont blame th guys doing their jobs either, they arent the issue, the legislation is the problemYes, absolutely agree, the authorities are just doing their job, and no doubt driven by public reaction/complaint. Our opinion is, that public reaction/opinion is due to the "blow flies", as we term them, it is a shame, and shame on them. It amazes us that you go to any 'textile' beach and look for the number of single males there, very low, and typically surfers who are just doing there own thing, enjoying themselves. But go to A-Bay, or any other 'clothing optional' beach we have been too, and the single males are in the large majority . . . go figure.
Unfortunately we are north side and Byron is quite a trip for us, however we may have to consider it going forward in the future, which is a pity as A-Bay is such a beautiful beach, and the walk through the national park to get there, is equally beautiful.
Must apologise to the OP, didn't really answer the question poised. Ideas/suggestions for our lovely A-Bay . . . get rid of the disgusting creepy single males, they are f..king it up for all of us . . . the f..kers

This post was edited

I hate being negative but it will never happen as a response to a perceived minority group. twice in as many years there have been petitions established.both times I and others have signed and promoted to others to encourage more signaturestwice now local nudists broadly speaking have demonstrated insufficient interest so why could we expect a politician to think there is merit in anything that gets such pathetic support locally

This post was edited

Totally agreed with "passncple67" and "mikenshel" ! Those "blow-flies" ruined everything there!That's why for us "true nudists" should go there more often. I believe the more we are there, the more chances we can get rid of those "blow-flies".I also believe that legalising a stretch of the beach as cloth-optional with conspicuous signs, nude bathers are allowed only in a designated area would leave no rooms for those "blow-flies".

This post was edited