Senior Discounts

Since arriving at the magical age of becoming a senior, I've really
enjoyed the specials and discounts that business use to attract us.
First of all, there's the cinema ('movies' to some), senior prices
for tickets in my part of the country started at age 62. Then, of
course, there are the local supermarkets, which even have special
senior shopping days, usually at mid-week when everyone else has to
work. Mass transit as well--I have a senior card for using
a bus or the subway. Then, of course, there're those early-bird
specials at various restaurants, which, I'm sure, help them out by
picking up the slack during the slow part of the day. Clothing
stores too, but who here buys clothes unless a real necessity. Do
others enjoy senior savings as much as I do?

This topic was edited
RE: Senior Discounts

Love Senior Discounts. I am in AARP and check there list and some ones I have downloaded. Like restaurant discounts. Dunkin Donuts large coffee with AARP card gets me a free donut. And at a location near a 55+ community all seniors get 15% off.

This post was edited
RE: Senior Discounts

Since arriving at the magical age of becoming a senior, I've really enjoyed the specials and discounts that business use to attract us. First of all, there's the cinema ('movies' to some), senior prices for tickets in my part of the country started at age 62. Then, of course, there are the local supermarkets, which even have special senior shopping days, usually at mid-week when everyone else has to work. Mass transit as well--I have a special senior card for using a bus or the subway. Then, of course, there're those early-bird specials at various restaurants, which, I'm sure, help them out by picking up the slack during the slow part of the day. Clothing stores too, but who here buys clothes unless a real necessity. Do others enjoy senior savings as much as I do?The unfortunate truth is that discounts are used to make one think they are getting a deal! They set their retail price high enough to offset whatever "discount" they are offering meaning those who get no discount are paying 10% more (if that is the discounted number) than what the "fair" price would be if no discounts were offered. If you knew what the wholesale price versus retail price was, you would see the markup is quite substantial! On automobiles, as an example, dealers pay roughly 80% of the sticker price, so they have about 20% to play with off the top. And, at the end of the model year, they get allowances for any unsold stock from the manufacturer.

This post was edited