Belongil/Tyagarah at Byron Bay - Resort interfere with nudity?

Earlier this year a new resort opened up right behind Belongil beach on the nude side of the creek, it is called Elements of Byron.
Last time I went to Byron was when this resort had just opened, and they had a new addition of flags and lifeguards on the nude side of the creek for the hotel guests. This made me feel uncomfortable as there were many clothed families and for a usually very quiet beach where I am used to only seeing one or two other nudists I didn't dare venture near the creek.
I want to know what its like there now, as I am planning on visiting next month, and I miss my swims in the creek. Is the beach now littered with rich snobby tourists? I will still go nude, just curious as how this resort has impacted the nude beach?

This topic was edited
RE:Belongil/Tyagarah at Byron Bay - Resort interfere with nudity?

Hi. We hope to be there early next month too and will check it out. I would imagine there would be nudists staying at the resort as its a well known as a nudist beach. let us know when you are there.

This post was edited

Just letting you know. I was in Byron Bay in the first week of January, and tentatively I walked past the flags and lifeguard in the part of North a Belongil Beach that you speak of.
I don't think you can swim nude in the creek, it's too close to the resort. Even worse, they could make up an excuse that you're invading the protected area of nesting birds so as to deter you from swimming nude in the estuary, in other words, they might not want you to impinge on the visual aesthetics of THEIR view.
Yes, there were a fair few textiles there. But also, there were only one or two nudists spread among the textiles. Whether they actually stayed at the resort or not, I don't know.
Ok, there were quite a few textiles spread about 150 metres from the estuary heading north.
Afraid of feeling outnumbered, many nudists moved a little further along the beach away from the estuary.
Interestingly, there were some textiles who began to swim with their swimming attire on. They saw the nudists skinny dipping among them, so I saw a few textiles either started peeling off their attire:
- in the water,
- on the shore, and walked back into the water, or,
- once they ran back to where their belongings were, stripped off their gear and casually sauntered across the sand and slipped back into the water as if they were still clothed.
Textile families swam among the nude couples and nude groups of adult friends.

This post was edited

This could be an issue. I have thoroughly searched their site and no where does it mention the beach is clothing optional. If I had to guess I'm thinking they will be putting in a petition with the council to have the boundary for the clothing optional beach moved and signs erected advising such.

This is their site https://www.elementsofbyron.com.au/en/

This post was edited

I was there on Saturday just two days ago, I was in the ocean just in front of the creek as no one was around that area, everyone was mainly around the flags a hundred metres or so away. I thought I was ok, minding my own business just having a swim without any of the old weird dudes hanging around. I heard a car beeping its horn and when I looked back to the beach the cops had pulled up and were waving me in. They told me it was an offence to go nude and were quite rude. I apologised and explained how I thought the nude section started here, they just kept saying no, its an offence, there is no nude section. It's way up there (pointed to tyagarah).
I don't know if it's linked but I have never seen a cop on the beach there and I have been going for the last 6 years or so, and to suddenly tell me I can't swim nude in an area in front of the resort?
Hopefully I don't run into the cops when I go back there tomorrow haha, really do not want a ticket.

This post was edited

That is sad to hear the cops are now patrolling that section. I have not been this summer but it was nicer relaxing at the southern end rather than the northern end. I agree where you were is classed clothing optional so I am sure the police are there now because of the resort. They definitely need to put up signs altering people it is a clothing optional beach!

This post was edited

The Legal nudist beach starts 500 metres north of the Belongil entrance & extends to Tyagarah, The Police patrol it all now including Tyagarah lake which is not a legal nudist area. All this has been brought about by the idiots mainly men flashing & wanking or annoying genuine nudists. It's only a matter of time before it's all closed if they keep it up. It's not legal to be naked in front of the resort on in the creek.

This post was edited

The Legal nudist beach starts 500 metres north of the Belongil entrance & extends to Tyagarah, The Police patrol it all now including Tyagarah lake which is not a legal nudist area. All this has been brought about by the idiots mainly men flashing & wanking or annoying genuine nudists. It's only a matter of time before it's all closed if they keep it up. It's not legal to be naked in front of the resort on in the creek.

This post was edited