RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

Working out naked in the gym.
I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing so - particularly when using certain apparatus where the posture required for the exercise requires an open-legged stance which in most other settings would be perceived as exhibitionist. I enjoy doing yoga naked (indeed find it preferable) but not convinced about naked gym use.

This post was edited

Working out naked in the gym.I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing so - particularly when using certain apparatus where the posture required for the exercise requires an open-legged stance which in most other settings would be perceived as exhibitionist. I enjoy doing yoga naked (indeed find it preferable) but not convinced about naked gym use.

I went to The Club in Fort Lauderdale last winter.
It is clothing optional throughout.
While most men were nude in the pool and hot tub and on the sundeck, very few were in the gym.
Do you think that might be the reason?

This post was edited

Working out naked in the gym.I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing so - particularly when using certain apparatus where the posture required for the exercise requires an open-legged stance which in most other settings would be perceived as exhibitionist. I enjoy doing yoga naked (indeed find it preferable) but not convinced about naked gym use.

Any strenuous physical workout that involves moving the body around might be seen as exhibitionist... a woman's breasts or a man's penis bouncing on the treadmill, for example. But if the context is directly related to the exercise, I wouldn't have a problem with that. The "exhibitionism" is what we, the observers, bring into it.

I went to The Club in Fort Lauderdale last winter.It is clothing optional throughout.While most men were nude in the pool and hot tub and on the sundeck, very few were in the gym.Do you think that might be the reason?

I think that it might be an aversion to sitting on gym equipment that has been recently used. I know that we carry towels for that, but moving a towel around several pieces of equipment has its risks... are you putting the same side of the towel down each time? Having shorts or sweats on solves that problem.

This post was edited