Nude Modeling

Anyone have experience modeling for students/artists?

I like to sketch in a couple of drawing studios, and last year I was asked if I would be willing to model. I first said no! - felt uncomfortable with the idea of posing in the buff before a large group. But, they kept asking, and I finally said ok - to the surprise of many including myself.

I was very nervous anticipating the first time! When I arrived at the studio, there were maybe 30-40 people - many familiar faces - and boy I could feel the butterflies in my tummy. :) I went into the bathroom, took all of my clothes off, and put on a robe. I remember looking in the bathroom mirror to make sure my hair looked ok, and realizing how ridiculous that was, considering I was about to reveal my birthday suit to everyone.

I came back out into the studio wearing only the robe, and many of those familiar faces smiled, waiting for me to remove it. I was SO nervous as I swallowed hard, took it off and stepped up onto the platform. Everyone got very quiet, you could have heard a pin drop. I stood there completely naked, a couple of men made small talk with me, and as I saw people looking over my body I started wondering if I should have trimmed my pubic hair a bit more, lol.

I was asked to do several different poses, short ones first, so I turned every which way and tried to be creative. I posed for over three hours, with a brief break. In one of my poses I stood still as a statue for an hour, feeling the air conditioning all over my skin, as people studied my figure. One artist even gave me a beautiful charcoal sketch of myself. I have two more gigs lined up - one in a large university.

What about any of you???
Hugs,
Julie

This topic was edited
RE:Nude Modeling

I'm an art teacher in a couple of colleges near by, I had pose may times for my students when the models for some reasons didn't made it.
I enjoy it and makes me closer to my students.
Naked hugs,
Fernando.

This post was edited

I don't, but I'd like to give it a try!

This post was edited

I did back in college and really liked it but my then first wife made me stop. Now that I've lost some weight I would in a heartbeat maybe with my current wife.

This post was edited

Dear Julie,

I went to a Christian College in Michigan, and the Art Dept had Nude Painting and models. I would never have done it then, but now I would Love to do it.

Karl Phil.

This post was edited

I have not for an informal group of 8 or so artist
But never for a art class nor that large of group with folks I know. But if the opportunity came up I would in a heart beat Don the robe and drop it . Glad your experience was a good one. Keep up the good work

This post was edited

I have been nude modelling for over a year and thoroughly enjoy the experience being naked in front of friends. It is a challenge but once you have stripped off in front of a class, you will never look back. I cannot wait for Wednesday and my next naked session

This post was edited

I did a boudoir photo shoot once. Most of the pics on my page are from that shoot. The photographer was great, she and I both came up with posing ideas.

This post was edited

Yes I have posed nude for art students at three colleges. At all three colleges the female students increased in numbers each session while the male numbers declined or remained the same. I wonder why?

This post was edited

I am hoping to try it soon. I've spoken to a couple of people on this site who do it regularly, and it seems that if you are a bit of an exhibitionist (which I suspect is common among naturists!), you will get on well with it and enjoy it. I'll report back if/when I do it!

This post was edited

I've applied for nude modeling jobs but they never called,photography or drawing

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe