RE: Alberta Locations

Thanks for the directions to Barrier. I've been wanting to try it for some time but wanted to get to the right spot, without using a boat. I generally use Weaselhead, upstream from Glenmore Reservoir on the Elbow River. Start on the north side pathway, go west as far as you can, about a half hour walk. The beach is the a south-facing bend on the river just before the Indian reserve.

This post was edited

I hope some of the readers about Barrier come out and help establish it as a place where nudists are seen. I spent another glorious day at Barrier today. 28 degrees and I was the only person
at the south end of the lake. I was able to wander along the shoreline
and enjoy the sun, the scenery and the baby geese. By the way, the boat
launch has re-opened.

This post was edited

I will certainly have to check this out. Thanks!

This post was edited

Hey everyone,
I was looking on Kijiji last night when I noticed an ad about a new nude-friendly campground about 2 hours from Edmonton, near St Paul. Small for now (5 campsites) but there seems to be areas for hiking and other activities. I just sent an e-mail to the owner asking if there are any other rules (couples-only? Any single males? etc). Hoping to hear back from him soon and I'll keep everyone posted. Could be good news for us!

This post was edited
Barrier Lake 2012

I just spent a great day at Barrier Lake in Kananasakis today. More cloud than I had hoped for but not too windy and it was hot. If you don't know where it is, just type in Barrier Lake Kananaskis Alberta in google maps. Quiet today since it was a Monday. There were other kayaks on the lake but none of them stopped to really enjoy the lake - nude!
One person was fishing in the nude. He had walked down from the highway at the south end of the lake. There is a convenient pull off and the walk down is shorter than the walk to Weaslehead.
Also saw a loon enjoying a meal from his sub-suface fishing. And I saw a bald eagle dive into the lake to catch a large fish. But he lost it when he was harassed in flight by an osprey. Then the eagle seemed to be sulking in a tree for quite a while.
It is finally summer. Get out and get nude!

This post was edited

Id like to join Sunny Chinook. But the are fairly maxed out when it comes to comparing single guys to single women. Any Single guys and girls care to get together and start a different group??

This post was edited

Hey Jack - thanks for all you have done!
I'm from Saskachewan. What I know about Alberta beaches is they are quite sparse for available public beaches for population numbers to start and any designated for nude use is just not available close to the high populated areas. The extent of the best beach country starts 3 hours north of Edmonton in the Lac La Bisch and Cold Lake area. I travel that area alot and have just found quiet beach areas on a week day and skinny dipped.
Also Alberta has been damned with a conservative government for most of the late last century, who although I have great respect for Peter Lawheed and Ralph Kline in particular, most representatives of a PC government would not have a nude beach in their constituency. A nude beach requires the blessing of bureaucracy where a landed or non landed club can usually fly with enough willing members.

This post was edited

Unfortunately, the Weaselhead area was completely flooded during the last few days. I doubt the beach area that was being used will be there after the water has fully receded, and even if it is, it will have changed radically and the trail to it will have been washed away. Hopefully a new beach area can be established or built over the summer.

This post was edited
New Alberta Location

There is CottonTail Corner just upstream of Devon. This is the first year it's being promoted, and information on it can be found on their Facebook page. Just do a search for CottonTail Corner and you should come across it.

This post was edited
RE: New Alberta Location

Hello all! I have been enjoying the freedom of hiking clothing free for a while now. I want to reach out and find more like minded people and organize group hikes. Please have a look at the meet up page I have created:https://www.meetup.com/Calgary-Natruralist-Meetup/events/221213360/See you on the trail

This post was edited