RE:Barefoot or not

It all depends on the environment. I generally hate wearing trainers or shoes.
I usually wear flip flops (Thongs) all year round a good quality pair say "North Face" ones will last for years the cheap ones are a total waste of time and will break pretty quickly.
But thats me I mentioned the running and in about 15+ years of barefoot running I have cut my feet on a bit of glass the once.
The reason I prefer barefoot is it is a more sensory experience I believe its nicer on my feet being out in the open air and not surrounded by all that bacteria that lurks inside the average trainer.
Its good to walk across a grassy paths and fields barefoot most if not all footpaths are fine also.
Pebble beaches are good so long as the stones aren't sharp ones but hard gravel tracks are a bit difficult.
If I go for a long walk its mostly barefoot but take flip flops just in case it gets uncomfortable or I am crossing a farmyard.
I also think wearing nothing but a pair of heavy work boots looks a bit weird.

This post was edited

It all depends on the environment. I generally hate wearing trainers or shoes.
I usually wear flip flops (Thongs) all year round a good quality pair say "North Face" ones will last for years the cheap ones are a total waste of time and will break pretty quickly.
But thats me I mentioned the running and in about 15+ years of barefoot running I have cut my feet on a bit of glass the once.
The reason I prefer barefoot is it is a more sensory experience I believe its nicer on my feet being out in the open air and not surrounded by all that bacteria that lurks inside the average trainer.
Its good to walk across a grassy paths and fields barefoot most if not all footpaths are fine also.
Pebble beaches are good so long as the stones aren't sharp ones but hard gravel tracks are a bit difficult.
If I go for a long walk its mostly barefoot but take flip flops just in case it gets uncomfortable or I am crossing a farmyard.
I also think wearing nothing but a pair of heavy work boots looks a bit weird.

This post was edited

You should try walking bare foot on the lava fields we have in northern Arizona or the desert where there is lots of cactus. No shoes does work in some places....but not all.

This post was edited

You should try walking bare foot on the lava fields we have in northern Arizona or the desert where there is lots of cactus. No shoes does work in some places....but not all.

This post was edited

You need to KNOW the field where you are walking. Grass and sand is fine, but you can still get cuts from stickers or glass. Here in Hawaii on the Big Island, where there is a lot of recent lava, even sturdy hiking boots get chewed up quickly. Going barefoot is NOT an option, unless you want to get some serious infections. I've been on a brand new black sand beach from a recent lava flow, into the ocean. It felt great being barefoot on the fine black sand . . . until I got home and realized that I had a dozen tiny black shards of obsidian glass fragments embedded in my feet. It took me several days to get them all out.

Sure, it is a wonderful feeling to walk barefoot. But be SURE it is a safe place to do so.

This post was edited

I have a problem with the "should". I prefer to be barefoot, but even though I have fairly tough feet, I don't enjoy the sharp rocks and stickers around here. Why would anyone try to dictate that one should be barefoot?

This post was edited

Walking bare foot where animals from ants, squirrels. cats and or dogs have crapped and pissed? No thanks.

This post was edited

One word.... OUCH! Reasons, tender foot, bad knees and ankles, I would rather look at the surroundings then where my feet will be placed!

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe