RE:Nude in Public

Yes. I'd have to learn to carry a towel always. Although I can't think of a place, there might be ones that would be inappropriate.

This post was edited

Absolutely

This post was edited

While we dont have a law banning nudity the police will still arrest and prosecute anyone naked in a public place just ask the naked rambler who is continually being arrested for refusing to wear clothes. which is a shame.

Have you read the latest police call centre guidance on the subject?
They try to make sure that the naked person is not a bona-fide naturist to avoid wasting police time on people who are simply enjoying life naked without wishing to distress anybody else.

This post was edited

While we dont have a law banning nudity the police will still arrest and prosecute anyone naked in a public place just ask the naked rambler who is continually being arrested for refusing to wear clothes. which is a shame.Have you read the latest police call centre guidance on the subject?They try to make sure that the naked person is not a bona-fide naturist to avoid wasting police time on people who are simply enjoying life naked without wishing to distress anybody else.

Also talk to David Guilderdale who hikes naked in Sherwood forest several times each week. A naturist hasn't been successfully prosecuted for years and the Director of Public Prosecutions (the leading authority in England and Wales) advised that it is not in the public interest for a naturist to be prosecuted for simply being naked. It is true that many policeman haven't caught up with this. He may well arrest the nudist and then waste police time (and the nudist's time) by attempting a prosecution which will inevitably fail. My best advice is to join British Naturists (BN) your membership card carries a link address to the latest police advice referred to above. It is official police guidance on handling public nudity. The plod can access it on his smart phone. However BN advise that you should do whatever the policeman tells you to, even if that includes covering up. BN also advise that you should never admit to doing anything wrong and never accept a police caution. BN legal team have worked hard over many years to get to this position. Meanwhile our friend David Guilderdale ties them in knots.

Do note that the law in Scotland is different. The naked hiker was hiking from Lands End to John a Groats and was first arrested when he reached Scotland. His hike may have been more provocative than most of us would attempt. He hiked naked through towns and villages. That could be seen as a red rag to a bull. A sensible nudist would take account or the potential feelings of those around him so would avoid busy places. The naked hiker stayed in prison, not because of his initial nudity, but because he refused to do what the court told him to. It was contempt of court. And even in Scotland there is nudist tolerance by the authorities. Each year there is a week long event in Dunoon. The organisers contact all the authorities in advance. Last time a couple of participants came in contact with the police in the street (handing them a wallet they had found). After ascertaining which hotel they were staying in the policemen asked why they were wearing clothes!

This post was edited

As a corollary to Olly's post the BN advice leaflet can be accessed by non-members at https://www.bn.org.uk/files/file/739-legal-guides-public-place-naturism/ and the latest police guidance is currently accessible at https://library.college.police.uk/docs/nudity.pdf

These will tell you all you need to kow - but please continue to use discretion and common sense.

This post was edited

In Spain it is legal, and yes within reason I do
Likewise when on holiday on the Canary Islands.

This post was edited

It isn't illegal to be nude in public here in the UK as well as in Spain (including the Canaries). Nudity may be legal but it isn't widely socially acceptable. I'm sensitive to the feelings of those around me.

This post was edited

I would have to vote YES

This post was edited

Absolutely, without a doubt!

This post was edited

WITHOUT A DOUBT! As long as the weather is tolerable, I prefer to not be burdened by textiles. I'm more than willing to shed my clothes, anytime, and any where it is even remotely appropriate, as well as places it is not; providing that I can do so without being offensive to anyone, or getting arrested!

This post was edited