Nude hiking in Nudist Resorts Backyard

So near where I live there is a nudist resort that is connected to a large area of wilderness that contains hiking trails. One of the things the resort advertises is that you can do nude hiking on these trails, a small part of which are connected directly to the resort. However the wilderness is quite large and most of it could more be considered to be in the "backyard" of the resort, It even has trails that enter it from other areas unrelated to the resort. Being a nudist who particularly enjoys free hiking, I'm always on the lookout for new nude friendly hiking areas. However, as a student I am extremely reluctant to pay the entry fees for the resort when I mostly just want to use the hiking trails. My conundrum is this, would it be considered bad form to simply enter the wilderness area from one of the other entrances and do my free hiking unaffiliated with the resort? At the moment I feel like I shouldn't do it because if I do encounter people coming from the resort they will think that I am some sort of creep like maybe I was trying to infiltrate the resort to be creepy or something, meanwhile I had no desire to get near the resort. I should add that the resort is family oriented and seems fairly strict about who they permit entry to. I am particularly looking for opinions of people who frequent similar venues.

This topic was edited
RE:Nude hiking in Nudist Resorts Backyard

I say go for it.

It's (probably) not illegal. If the resort is encouraging guests to use the Wilderness nude, then I expect they've checked the legalities of the situation. If it is legal to be nude there, the best thing people can do to normalize nudity is to BE nude there. Why should free hiking be limited to people who have paid to use the resort? Clothing optional beaches aren't attached to any resort - usually.

This post was edited

If the area is truly public land and not owned by the resort (or some other entity), there is absolutely no reason not to make use of what you have been blessed with. The only caveat I would throw in is to not succumb to the urge to make use of the resorts facilities without their permission and paying the appropriate fee(s). They are a business.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

As an update I did end up going hiking in the area and simply avoided getting into the territory which seemed very near to the resort. It was a pretty challenging hike, I look forward to possibly doing it again in the future.

This post was edited

I see your in California too. Where is this area at? It sounds great!

This post was edited

From the description, sounds like DeAnza Springs Resort in Jacumba, about 45 east of San Diego. Great naked hiking opportunities. We've been there a few times. I like the entire place, my wife likes the hiking but not so much the resort itself ... too rustic for her. But the OP states he's from Pomona. He might be talking about Olive Dell Nudist Ranch in the hills above Colton. Some great hiking trails there as well.

This post was edited

We are members of GE and the hiking there is really limited. There is one main trail and two smaller trails but they all are within the property of GE. GE is surrounded by residents and they are encroaching on GE's property line. GE management has voiced concerns that the main hiking trail might have to be closed because the textile residents are beginning to mildly complain. I don't think what the OP is speaking of is GE. There aren't the types of trails the OP is describing at GE. It is a toss up as to which club is closest to Pomona ... GE or the once Tree House/ Deer Park club that is now called Freedom Acres. I've visited Deer Park years ago, several times but don't remember any hiking trails. Too bad the OP won't respond to the questions we all have.

This post was edited

To settle this debate that seems to have broken out I will say that the resort in question is in fact Olive dell ranch. The hiking trails were pretty good although many were quite overgrown. The reason I was hesitant to respond is because I know olive dell runs a tight ship and I was nervous that people would be offended that I used the trails in the hills behind them without their permission. Also thanks for these suggestions on other hiking areas etc, that palm springs group sounds interesting. Also Also I have been to deep creek as well and have to say that its great.

This post was edited

His description matches Olive Dell near San Bernardino, Ca. Have hiked there and seen both textile and nudists on the trial away from the resort. Good Hike Hilly and open.

This post was edited

If you are not entering the property of the resort then there is no question. It sounds like public lands you are hiking on. If you want to enter the resort lands then by all means get permission, I bet they have student rates. Have a good hike.

This post was edited

You are lucky to be near an area in which you can free hike. No place like that here. I agree with the others that there is no issue if you do not go onto the resort property.

This post was edited