Solar Eclipse Oregon USA 2017 August 21st

Hello fellow nudists,

I am flying to Los Angeles and renting a car to drive to Eastern Oregon on the Obscurity Line to see the Solar Eclipse:

Flight to LAX Aug 19 in the evening from Iceland.

Driving all day August 20 from LA (Silverlake) to Easter Oregon, camping naked.

Solar Eclipse begins on Aug 21 at 10am.
Potentially the highest mountain in Oregon near Unity, Oregon.

Send me email or WhatsApp, ask by Private Message.

My name is Miracle.

After the eclipse, I'm driving back to LA the rental car. If we split the costs that'd be cool. Camp naked and such.

I need to be in Santa Rosa by Aug 22 to help my camp get ready for Burning Man, I'd rather have someone else providing the vehicle but if I have to do the rental it has to be returned in LA: just saying ^_^

This topic was edited
RE:Solar Eclipse Oregon USA 2017 August 21st

Good luck with your travels. Central and Eastern Oregon are expecting to see a half million or more visitors during the Eclipse. The only highways into the area are two lane and an accident can shut them down in both directions for hours. There is likely to be shortages of gas, water, and food not to mention rooms to rent. Campsites and motel rooms have been reserved months in advance. If you do come, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. The state is treating this event as a dry run for the big Cascadia Fault Earthquake (expected 9 to 10 magnitude). All this for a maximum of 2.5 minutes of solar eclipse. Again, good luck! We live here and plan on just hunkering down for the duration.

This post was edited

You can fight the crowds in Oregon , or you can go instead to TRAVELITES INC. near Columbia, South Carolina. Cheri is throwing a party there. She doesn't have room for a half a million people though :). (Then catch your flight to Burning Man)
Eclipse trivia: I saw a tweet that there is a field in western Kentucky that is calculated to be the point of MAXIMUM obscuring/eclipse-ness, whatever it's called. The tweet included a Google Earth image of the field, and the house about 200 yards away with a really nice pool! That's where the 1/2 M should go (much easier to get to)
- NudePrewd July 2017

This post was edited

that is a 16 hour drive WITHOUT traffic!

This post was edited

Here in the St Louis area, they are predicting total gridlock in the area. ISP and MOSP have been posting warnings that anyone parked in the medians will be ticketed. Get there early or plan on being stuck in traffic.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I've heard that traffic tends to go haywire when an eclipse occurs, so I'm definitely believing the gridlock position! GL to all travellers and be safe on the 21st!

{BTW, I'd check the local weather forecast before committing!}

This post was edited

I'm going to watch the eclipse from my home on the computer. Good luck to all those who choose to sit in the path of totality. I hope it's not too crowded. If it is, swing by and we'll watch it together over a bottle of wine. Or some other adult beverage.

This post was edited

Wife tells me the grocery stores in the area are packed with people. Groceries are flying off the shelves and the clerks say it has been like this for the past 5 days. Gas prices are climbing quickly. The Oregon National Guard has been activated to help with traffic accidents and wildfires. There is a complete burn ban on ALL lands in Oregon. We already have several major wildfires burning in the area. THE INSANITY IS ALREADY HERE!!

This post was edited

Here in the St Louis area, they are predicting total gridlock in the area. ISP and MOSP have been posting warnings that anyone parked in the medians will be ticketed. Get there early or plan on being stuck in traffic.John aka cobeachbum

That kind of sucks, since we're heading there. We will be in the city for the weekend and will check out of our hotel and get a car @9am on Monday. We were planning on driving south to Festus. Will 3 hours be enough for the normally 45 minute drive? And then 4 hours to get back to the airport for a 7pm flight? Plan b is to go to the Science Center, but they are right on the edge of the totality band, so it won't last very long.

This post was edited

Just heard that the gas stations are already running out. Hoping they can re-fill their tanks, since I'm in Portland and have to drive home on Friday. I'll be sure to fill up on the west side of the Cascades before heading over to the high desert. At least I brought a sleeping bag in the event I don't make it home Friday night.

BTW... hotels, etc have been booked solid for months. People are renting out rooms for $300-$500/night. One big house was renting for $37k for the month of August... just the whole month only.

This post was edited

OMG! Ouch! I've been missing the news! I'll definitely look in on it tonight. GL Sail!

It seems like Ghostbusters, "Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

Let's hope it doesn't go that far!! :-}

This post was edited