Nude beaches in Michigan

Any Nude beaches or safe nude locations in NW Michigan

This topic was edited
RE: Nude beaches in Michigan

Bump!

This post was edited

There are no legal or sanctioned beaches in MI. However, there are a few nudist parks and resorts such as Turtle Lake in the Union area. Have you visited there or any of the clubs? You'll find lots of folk there. To find the locations, go to www.aanr.com and click on "find a club near you" link as well as www.naturistsociety.net and enter MI to see possible other venues.

This post was edited
Nude beaches in Michigan

This is something I'm interested in seeing developments in. Perhaps, united, we can stand to change some of Michigan's laws?

This post was edited

michigan has all that great lakes frontage and no nude beaches, equally depressing is ohio with some substantial great lakes frontage also has no nude beach.

This post was edited

Unofficially..... be diligent of your surroundings. All of these require a hike of a mile or so from parking area.
Otter Creek beach in the Sleeping Bear Dunes
Sturgeon Bay on the SW corner of Wilderness State Park near Mackinaw City
Remote beaches on National Forest Land.

This post was edited

Weather forecast was for hazy hot and humid, so I started making plans for an escape. I hopped in the car and headed north 100 miles, after the 2 hour drive then an 1.5 hour hike I figured there weren't any textiles around. The directions I had read said I needed to go further but the day was wasting away and I was beginning to tire, so I headed up into the dunes and shed those uncomfortable clothes. Oh the freedom, soaking up the rays surrounded by sand makes the sun seem much more intense. A strong lake breeze, partialy blocked by the dunes, kept me from feeling too hot. Then after careful checks up and down the beach, there was the lake for swimming and it felt great skinny dipping in Lake Michigan. I felt totally blissed out by my afternoon in the Noordhouse Dunes Wilderness Area. Unfortunately time to head out seemed to arrive much too soon, and the car park seemed to have moved further away while I enjoyed the afternoon, making the hike out seem like it would never end. I did begin the trek out wearing nothing but my backpack, but public nudity is illegal there and I had to at least don my shorts before running into those foolish textiles again. They'd be so much more comfortable in the heat without being covered in layers of cloth and if they all were uncovered I could be comfortable for longer too.

I am paying today for the excess of yesterday. No I'm not sunburnt, but I am out of shape and very sore from that hike.

This post was edited

wish there was i'd be there now... this web site i think is working toward getting some clothing optional beaches up here -https://www.michigannudebeachadvocates.org/

This post was edited

We vacation every year in July near Esch Road (Otter Creek) Beach. There are many spots within the Sleeping Bear Dunes, if your careful, that you can be nude. Most times, it just takes a walk down the beach. The "nude" spot at Esch Road is about a mile up the beach, to the north, from the parking area. There is a small point that provides a good visual break from the main area. There are frequent walkers, so you need to keep a towel close by. There are many hiking trails through the dunes, and if you are lucky enough to be the first one there, you can typically do a little hiking in the nude as well.

This post was edited

Well, here it is: I live north of Traverse City and have read about Otter Creek and thinking about going there this summer. It is a bit of a drive as I live 40 N.E. of T.C. I do have a spot on Lake Michigan north of Eastport at Antrim County Natural Area (get it,LOL). At the south end of the natural area is a bit of sand dunes and and because it takes a couple minutes walk, and I do mean only a couple minutes walk, it usually is quiet and only a few people venture into that area. The dunes are not very large but have many dips and hollows where one can lie down and enjoy the summer sun.
Several years ago (1996) Iwas dating a local woman and she invited me out with her to this area and I went nude for the first time. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed it until last summer when I decided to try it again...don't ask me why it took so long...I gues it's because I was so involved with my hobby.
Anyway I went there many times last summer and experienced no trouble at all except for some curious ladies who happened to be walking by. I enjoyed it immensely and found it to be entirely relaxing, natural experience. The water was great to swim in as the temp rose to a nice comfortable temperature. It has become my favorite place to go even after work since it's on my way home. It's a great way to relax and de-stress.
I have already been there at least 5 or 6 times already this May.

This post was edited

I ain't got much, but I'm thinking of hosting "naturist days" at the swimming hole in the river behind my house, including "Ladies only" events. I've gotten a few people interested through my Facebook group NW Lower Michigan Free Beach Advocates. 13 members and growing. Hoping to get something local by connecting people who know people who know...etc.

This post was edited