Just found this site and forum....

I love being nude and the wife knows and accepts it but I want ideas to help encourage her to enjoy being nude too. We aren't Ken and Barbi by any means....we are bigger people hence the last part of the name. She is hung up on weight and nudity.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

This topic was edited
RE:Just found this site and forum....

Welcome to the forum. "True" nudists are not particularly concerned about weight - from a "how good you look" point of view. Resorts & beaches in the USA are full of older & heavier people with far from "perfect" bodies. If you are not familiar with them, I suggest you check out AANR (American Association for Nude Recreation) and TNS (The Naturist Society). Both are full of information about nudism. AANR has many member resorts across the USA; you should be able to find one near you to visit - feel free to ask here for specifics about various resorts.

As for encouraging your wife; that is a very common subject here. With a little poking around I'm sure you'll find some topics on the subject.

This post was edited

Step one - join the Naturist Society and/or the American Association for Nude Recreation. You will receive publications regularly that will share factual information about the state of naturism/nudism in the United States and the wider world. Even if your wife seems uninterested at first there is a better than average chance that she will pick up the publications from time to time and flip through them, seeing normal people doing normal things - naked. Sites like this are good for experienced naturists because you know what to filter but for a newbie it would be pretty easy to get a skewed idea of what naturism is. I know that may of my friends have a much more normalized view of what I do from being able to flip through my magazines and some have become curious enough to ask questions and give it a try.

This post was edited

AANR delivers its Bulletin as a digital download now, so its harder to just leave it out. TNS might be better for having naturist publications out. Their quarterly N magazine is a nicer format than the old Bulletin newspaper was, anyway.

This post was edited

Communication is the key. Look to Cheri Donna for the women's points of view. She is good with sharing and helping others understand Life w/o cloth ! Nudists are excepting we all are not Ken and Barbie(for that would be boring,), the inside counts more. Good luck and keep smiling.

This post was edited

My ex was on the curvy side, and quite self-conscious about it.

My step one was to normalize nudity at home. Trying to get her to be more comfortable spending longer non-sexual times in the house sans clothes. It took some time, patience and encouragement. Even if it was just coming out of the shower naked and taking a moment to chat with me before getting dressed; it was a step in the right direction.

Step one - join the Naturist Society and/or the American Association for Nude Recreation. You will receive publications regularly that will share factual information about the state of naturism/nudism in the United States and the wider world. Even if your wife seems uninterested at first there is a better than average chance that she will pick up the publications from time to time and flip through them, seeing normal people doing normal things - naked.

That was my step two. She was at first indeed very uninterested in the publications I'd leave hanging around the house. But then she occasionally started picking one up, sifting through it and commenting on it. That would lead to discussions. In time, our discussion became more positive, her mind became more open; and she started seeing the value of the nudist life style.

Step three was trying to get her to accompany me to a nudist resort. That took a lot of work. She still didn't want any "strangers" seeing her naked; but she agreed under the stipulation that she wouldn't have to get undress completely. The resort had a C/O policy for newcomers, so that worked out. Long story short: she did stay covered most of the time; but at the very end she felt comfortable and enjoyed the resort enough to get naked in the clubhouse and walk back to the car without covering back up. She even stayed nude to chat with the manager/owner. Again, it was a step in the right direction.

The fourth and final step was to get her to socialize more with nudists. It also took a lot of work, after two more resort trips, to convince her to go to a non-landed club; as socialization would be less avoidable there. But that happened thanks to Travelites. There, she got to meet other women, of all ages and body types, which made her feel more secure about her own body type. She had so much fun there, chatting with the other women, that she decided to get rid of her sarong and hang out with them naked.
That in turn lead to increased confidence, making more nudist friends, being naked at home more often, and finally adopting nudism as a way of life.

So it can just take one step; or it can take multiple steps. However many steps it takes: patience, communication and a dose of persistence are the keys.

This post was edited

Tell her not to be,. All the nudist locations I stay at people dont even look at each other that way. All shapes and sizes, just feeling free with their bodies. Im no prize, and I love being nude.
Jeff

This post was edited

a lot of good points made. The first time I went to a nude beach with my wife, it took her about 30 seconds to realize that she was the only one that was concerned with her degree of undress and quickly realized that no one else really was concerned either way. It took a few minutes and you would have thought this was the most normal thing she had ever done. Point is, I am not seeing a lot of profiles of either Ken or Barbie on this site and certainly haven't seen them at the nude beaches I have been to and have never felt judged by my fellow sun worshipers. I know it sounds easy to say but once your wife lets herself be free, she will love it.

This post was edited

a lot of good points made. The first time I went to a nude beach with my wife, it took her about 30 seconds to realize that she was the only one that was concerned with her degree of undress and quickly realized that no one else really was concerned either way. It took a few minutes and you would have thought this was the most normal thing she had ever done. Point is, I am not seeing a lot of profiles of either Ken or Barbie on this site and certainly haven't seen them at the nude beaches I have been to and have never felt judged by my fellow sun worshipers. I know it sounds easy to say but once your wife lets herself be free, she will love it.

This post was edited

I would suggest becoming a member of The Naturist Society, and when she reads the quarterly magazine, especially many of the pro-women articles and issues, she might become interested.

This post was edited

In all truthful honesty, we would suggest that you BOTH join a Gym.
Your profile states that you are 300 pounds, and we can only imagine what your wife's weight might be, as it is not listed.
We were absolutely shocked, at how unhealthy and obese the majority of Nudists really are.
As we all get older, there are No more Kens and Barbies amongst us, but taking care of ones self, should never ever stop.
The "HEALTH" of you and your wife, should be your "Number One" concern, not joining some Nudist Association.
Who the hell really cares about you wanting to get your equally out of shape wife, wanting to be Naked in front of others.
You might both want to get in front of a Tread Mill, while you are still breathing.
Why is it....that ALL FAT Obese people say the same exact stupid thing?......"Its not how you look on the Outside" .....all that really matters is.... "How you are ....on the inside! LOL
People that have Totally "Given Up".....on themselves, and on their own Health, and could careless how their appearance Offends other people......ALL...say the exact same thing.
Proper Diet and Exercise is the KEY to increasing either yours or hers own ....Self Esteem.
Your first steps......should be the ones that you and the wife take on the Treadmill.
Whether you lose 100 PLUS pounds or just a few pounds, it will do your Health and your Self Esteem a world of good.
Just because a person wants to ski down a Double Black Diamond run, either by themselves or with their wife.... it does not mean, that it is for everyone.
In order to get to a Double Black Diamond run, you need to start off on the Bunny Hills for "a few years".
Just because the "Male" is ALWAYS the one, to want to be a Nudist in their old age.....these same Fat Pasty While Flabby males just expect their Portly Older wives, to just jump right on in, with their Fantasies of being Naked amongst others.
IF....you have not been Nudist in your formative years, the chances of these Horny Older Males with their own Nudist Fantasies, ever taking their Chubby Older wives into being a Nudist....is next to "0" in ever happening.
We have been going to Nude Beaches since we were in our Early Teens......we have been going to Nude Resorts since we were in our Early 20's......it makes us Laugh, when we see all of these Old Guys.....asking for Help and Advice on how to get their own wives into being a Nudist! lol
Guys.... its all up to YOU.....whether or not, she is wanting to join you.....in our own Nude Fantasy.
You might as well be asking all of these Experts on this site....how to get your wife to Swallow.....after all of these years.
Seriously, IF......she did not do it for you, on your Honeymoon.....the chances of getting her to do it now....and to actually enjoy doing it for you........is just not ever going to happen for you.......EVER!
WHY......would you be with anyone, that was not on the exact same Page, as you are?
Is it not Ironic?......That you NEVER EVER see any Posts, from any Nudist Wives........or from any Nudist Females......who are crying about their own GUYS.....not wanting to join them in being a Nudist?
Gee......WHY.....would that be?
Not one Nudist WIFE.......EVER asks for any Advice or for any Help from ALL of you Experts, here on this site!
Its because .......these Old Males ( Who are not getting it any more ) .......are just Fantasizing about their Obsession with some Cheap Thrill.....and you ALL.....Buy into this Crap.....each and every time.
NO ONE....should ever have to talk their own Mate......into being a Nudist, at THEIR OLD AGE!
By the time that you get to be 50 years old.......you are either going to Swallow on your own.....or......you are just not interested in EVER Swallowing!
The same holds true for being a Nudist or into being Naked amongst others.
Our suggestion to this "On Going" OLDER MALE "Fantasy" is........forget about being Naked amongst others.....and Focus on your own Health and Weight issues.
If you can not respect your own Body and your own Health, then have the decency to keep your clothes on, amongst others that Try to keep in relative shape.
The "Visual" of Grossly FAT Obese Older people at any Nude Resort, is just as revolting to see and witness , as it is to have some Selfish Smoker to be Blowing Smoke into some Non Smokers face.
Neither should have to happen or be seen at any Nude Resort.
Being a little out of shape is to be expected...Being a "Few" Pounds over your desired weight is to be expected....especially what with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners happening back to back.
Not to mention New Years Eve! lol
But like come on people......being a Big Fat Obese Lazy Slob.....does not make you "Beautiful on the Inside".
It just makes you a Big Fat Obese Lazy Slob.....who should have enough decency and self esteem.... to KEEP YOUR CLOTHES ON!
We do have to say though, that all of this Fat "Inner Beauty" is always coming from the "Pretend" Nudists.....the "Pretend" Stay at Home "Closet" Nudists, who you NEVER EVER see ( Thank God ) at any of the Nude Resorts, or at any of the Nude Beaches.
Very very rarely do we ever see any of these Big Fat Slobs, at any of the Nude Resorts or at of the Nude Beaches, probably because they require a Physical Effort to get to them.
Most Nude Beaches are down a Hilly or Rocky descent down to the Beach....most Nude Resorts are now "Expensive" to Holiday at.
Most Fat people would never be able to make it down and back up from a Nude Beach.....Most Fat people would never want to be seen Nude, at any Resort.
Our point is, that this Guy is just playing up his OWN Fantasy ( His Wife no doubt has No Idea.......that he is even on this site ) ....that you Experts just all Feed into.
If she Never Ever Swallowed on their Wedding Night.....she is Never Ever going to Swallow now, for him!
For you righteous ones out there.......that is just an Analogy for you.
I think that Trump has used that line, once or twice! LOL
This guy is just Stroking Off to his own Fantasy,.....as most of these OLD Guys are doing on here!
His wife has No Frigging Idea......what he is up to!
You Experts, are just as Pathetic as he is.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe