RE:Just found this site and forum....

Nudism is really all about body acceptance...that includes everyone, including yourselves. Once you are "exposed" to the scene a few times, you will find that a lot of people are just like you and are very much relaxed in their own skins. For some, it may take a few times more than others, but eventually you will come to terms with it.

This post was edited

I had already been going nude at home when my girlfriend and I met. At the time we were both workout fiends and in great shape. I could get her to go nude alone with me right away. Over the last few years we have both put on a few pounds, I keep telling her how much I want to be nude socially but now she is hung up on the few extra pounds. She will still go nude at home but won't try public. Nudity. I love her and think she is beautiful, I am hoping she will realize that going nude is about gaining confidence and nobody cares about that stuff because the feeling of being nude and having a connection with other nudists is way better than worrying what anyone else thinks.

This post was edited

See if she will go to a resort just to check it out. If she is uncomfortable then she can just say the word and you leave no questions. In reality she will immediately see a few extra pounds is meaningless as she will see people of all shapes and sizes, people with big scars, etc. There will be those that are too thin and those carrying a hundred or more extra pounds. Despite expectations going to a resort just builds body confidence.

This post was edited

My ex was on the curvy side, and quite self-conscious about it.My step one was to normalize nudity at home. Trying to get her to be more comfortable spending longer non-sexual times in the house sans clothes. It took some time, patience and encouragement. Even if it was just coming out of the shower naked and taking a moment to chat with me before getting dressed; it was a step in the right direction.Step one - join the Naturist Society and/or the American Association for Nude Recreation. You will receive publications regularly that will share factual information about the state of naturism/nudism in the United States and the wider world. Even if your wife seems uninterested at first there is a better than average chance that she will pick up the publications from time to time and flip through them, seeing normal people doing normal things - naked.That was my step two. She was at first indeed very uninterested in the publications I'd leave hanging around the house. But then she occasionally started picking one up, sifting through it and commenting on it. That would lead to discussions. In time, our discussion became more positive, her mind became more open; and she started seeing the value of the nudist life style.Step three was trying to get her to accompany me to a nudist resort. That took a lot of work. She still didn't want any "strangers" seeing her naked; but she agreed under the stipulation that she wouldn't have to get undress completely. The resort had a C/O policy for newcomers, so that worked out. Long story short: she did stay covered most of the time; but at the very end she felt comfortable and enjoyed the resort enough to get naked in the clubhouse and walk back to the car without covering back up. She even stayed nude to chat with the manager/owner. Again, it was a step in the right direction.The fourth and final step was to get her to socialize more with nudists. It also took a lot of work, after two more resort trips, to convince her to go to a non-landed club; as socialization would be less avoidable there. But that happened thanks to Travelites. There, she got to meet other women, of all ages and body types, which made her feel more secure about her own body type. She had so much fun there, chatting with the other women, that she decided to get rid of her sarong and hang out with them naked.That in turn lead to increased confidence, making more nudist friends, being naked at home more often, and finally adopting nudism as a way of life.So it can just take one step; or it can take multiple steps. However many steps it takes: patience, communication and a dose of persistence are the keys.

I liked your step by step approach. It's what I've been doing and progressing nicely.
I think the key is to lead not push! Don't miss any signals and respect them! The results are much more positive!

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe