Am I being overly paranoid???

Yesterday, someone sent me a nice message regarding a group I recently joined. This person's profile was set to private with a headless picture showing only the neck down. Not too big a deal, but it did raise a red flag for me. Hesitantly, I requested to be friends since the person actually took the time to contact me first. When I was added as a friend I went to the profile and found no other pictures, plus another message was sent giving me email address and skype contact info. It just seemed strangely oddthat someone I just met would give me so much info right away, so I deleted the profile from my friend's list. Does anyone think I'm being overly paranoid or exercising good judgment in proceeding with caution?

Thanks,

LG

This topic was edited
RE: Am I being overly paranoid???

It was probably a spammer, fishing for your details.
I would have flagged it.
When you flag a profile, you are merely bringing it
to TT's attention. It is up to him to decide what action,
if any, is required.

Phil.

This post was edited

Thanks all. The last thing I want to do is unwarrantedly reject someone, so your comments help and I truly appreciate it.

This post was edited

Your judgement was good. NIM's comments are right to the point and should betakento heart.

This post was edited

Listen to NIM - he has good advice

This post was edited

Yes, I think you are being a bit skittish, unless you are a public figure of any kind, and being a nudist can be conflicting with the rest of your life, but you are not even naked in your pics.
Some body wants to see you naked, that's all.

This post was edited

Your are not being overly paranoid, your are being sensible. As the saying goes, anyone that gives you that much information, "Something is rotten in Denmark." If was us, we would delete that friend ASAP.

This post was edited

Yesterday, someone sent me a nice message regarding a group I recently joined. This person's profile was set to private with a headless picture showing only the neck down. Not too big a deal, but it did raise a red flag for me. Hesitantly, I requested to be friends since the person actually took the time to contact me first. When I was added as a friend I went to the profile and found no other pictures, plus another message was sent giving me email address and skype contact info. It just seemed strangely oddthat someone I just met would give me so much info right away, so I deleted the profile from my friend's list. Does anyone think I'm being overly paranoid or exercising good judgment in proceeding with caution? Thanks, LG
LG, I would suggest you were using excellent judgement my nude brother!
I get the feeling that because people use computers at home etc, so, like their automobile(car), they think it is under THEIR control.
I use a strong anti-virus program, which automaticaly up-dates, sometimes 4 times in 24hours. I also use Peer Block, which helps to keep your pc/net/lap-top "invisble" on the internet. & also use the Yahoo tool-bar with the "Anti-Spy" function done daily.I also have my Firefox brower set to "clear history" when I log-off.
Online safety, just as much as our usual, personal safety is our own responsibility. You cannot be complacent.

This post was edited