C/O beach in pensacola

Hey all, has anyone ever tried to get a stretch of beach registered as clothing optional at pensacola beach? With my job and position, i cant spearhead the petition, but i would be one of the first to sign. Lets get a group together to try to get this off the ground. Any takers?

This topic was edited
RE:C/O beach in pensacola

I'm willing to help but I can tell you it won't happen because of the religious cults here in Pensacola, or Perdido Beach as well

This post was edited

It will only happen if we try. I think the best shot is Johnson Beach ( east side) for two reasons.
1. It's Federally owned and not subject to local, more conservative laws.
2. The Park has already closed that section ( several miles) to pedestrian campers. Legally , it can still be accessed by boat, due to loophole law.
We organized a nude gathering at Big Lagoon State Park this summer, and much to my surprise, nobody seemed to care. Of course we were reasonable discreet, and somewhat respectful, but when the pontoon hit the beach, it looked like an invasion of naked asses. Maybe we were just lucky. Timing DOES matter at Johnson Beach, because the older rangers tend to look the other way; but there are some that aggressively pursue nudists.

This post was edited

I agree with Jetski. The Federal land is the most likely path to legalization. It works at Apollo and Playalinda, both part of a Federal park. Haulover has put out a report of the economic impact of the C/O section. I read the report. It is substantial. I know from our visits to all three beaches, the C/O parking areas are the most subscribed by orders of magnitude. We joined The Naturist Society in the hope that they could assist in developing a drive to convince the park to give C/O a try. I have emailed their political arm several times and have not had the courtesy of an answer. Perhaps someone has a contact at Blind Creek a relatively recent C/O or Haulover for some help.

Edit, I just checked the naturist action committee site of TNS. The site will not let me link to a story of the Apollo Beach successful campaign. If you go to the NAC you can read it.

This post was edited

How about Ft Pickens? Parking areas are isolated. Pick one parking area and leave it for C/O, a half mile in either direction. Put in parking meters and you have financial impact that can be measured.

This post was edited

While ft pickens is a good idea, i was thinking a stretch out past park east near the pensacola beach sig ...possibly on fhe national seashore. Dont need anything except parking and the revenue will be from heads in beds if people know there is a c/o beach. People will flock tk the area to visit a nude beach. Even the first parking area into the ntl seashore. Any thoughts?

This post was edited

The east parking area is where we went to the beach Labor Day with our textile house guests. I think Ft Pickens has a better chance because access is limited due of the admission cost and the access to the road in from one direction. You might remember we used to have a Federal beach that was ignored at Navarre and they clamped down on nudity in that area. The east Pensacola Beach Federal site parking is about half way to Navarre. Navarre has already shut down nudity out there.

For those that come from out of town, they can RV or tent camp at Pickens and ride a bike down to a C/O area. I think the key to the local community ignoring it is showing the growth of dollars IF the money can be substantiated. If we got a trial from the National Park Service they have their revenues to back up the increase in traffic. Just my thoughts.

This post was edited

Lets get a group together to create a plan and see how far we can get this going. If we don't try, it will never happen. I think it's worth some effort on our part. Any thoughts, comments or someone who can host the meeting?

This post was edited

Hey all. I have reached out to a national organization to assist us with getting a c/o beach in panhandle. This is something they have had on their planning and want to discuss the opportunity with us. Please message me with a day and time you could be available for a conference call as the info is too much for emailing. Let's get this going and get a c/o beach for us. I believe there are enough of us for this to work...lets go. Let me know a day and time snd i will do a consensual time. I will keep everyone updated as to the day snd time...do this quickly please. Thanks, Ron.

This post was edited

Is anyone in pensacola area interested in getting this c/o beach thing off the ground? If so let me know so i dont waste my efforts for nothing. This is a possibility and we should look into every effort. I can't do this by myself. Cmon...lets go.!

This post was edited

We are interested and willing to work on the project.

This post was edited