Cancer survivors

I would like to form a group for fellow nudists and their significant others, both male and female, who are struggling with cancer and those who, like myself, are cancer survivors. I have searched through the groups, and can not find one addressing these issues. I'm sure I am not the only member on the site battling this potentially deadly disease.

This topic was edited
RE:Cancer survivors

I, too, am a cancer "survivor". In my case prostate cancer. While in many circles it is not taken seriously and often simply dismissed as an old men's complaint, and not a very serious one at that. A member of the local cancer society was quoted as saying that "these whiny old men" should stop demanding research money when at should be spent on breast cancer. While this may be apocryphal, it does reflect how many people feel. I had a radical prostatectomy about 2 years ago and appear to be entirely cancer free. Except for some minor leakage and lack of erections, I am as good as new.

This post was edited

I am also a surviver of Prostate Cancer. I had a radical prostatectomy in February 2017. I am thankful that the Cancerous tumour has been removed. I have not had to undergo any radio or chemo therapy. I was also fortunate that I was only off work for 5 weeks. I have regained my contenance with rare leakage. Erections are coming back thanks to some medical help. Happy to chat to anyone facing the same problem. Sid

This post was edited

I have luckily not had to endure the pain and fear of cancer but have friends who are naturists who have (and non naturists). I think this would be an excellent group to create not just for those who have been there but also those who are at risk or have partners who have. I do wonder though if it was more open to a wider audience if you would get a better response, the groups on here seem to fail and fade quickly if they are too specific and this one deserves to not do that. There is nothing worse than joining a group of significant relevance to you and finding the last post was a year ago.

This post was edited

I have communicated with several friends here who have been inflicted with this potentially deadly disease and are thankfully cancer free and although we all have physical scars, emotionally we all are OK because we have the support of friends and family and are not afraid to show off our scars and thank God we are still walking around.

This post was edited

Great idea to start a group for cancer survivors! I am fortunate enough to know little about cancer. I understand that it affects all people of all demographics and intelligence. I also know first hand that the experience makes survivors a gift to all full of much wisdom and practical smarts which are in great demand. Be our teachers and we are all blessed.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe