Swimwear

When you have to wear a swimsuit, what do you wear.
Speedo solar has been my choice in the past, but since I stopped wearing underwear I find it very constricting even though the coverage is minimal.
Any suggetions?

This topic was edited
RE:Swimwear

Tan-thru swim trunks work for me. Almost like wearing nothing at all but provides the necessary coverage. I have a couple of pairs and can't imagine wearing anything more for swimming and sunning at non- CO beaches and pools .

This post was edited

Any particular brand or style?

This post was edited

Cool-tan is the brand I have. They have lined racer-style suits. The swim trunks and board shorts are unlined. I prefer the trunks. They suggest oversizing for better "concealment ". I have a pair that are oversized and one that isn't. It all depends on how much detail you're comfortable revealing as the material is very thin. My wife seems to enjoy the looks I get when wearing the regular size. That size does feel more comfortable. A big plus is that the material dries almost instantly so no clammy swim suit!

This post was edited

Tan thru suits for us in Canada means extra duties and taxes to import so I try to buy off the shelf, usually a speedo type swimsuit. I do prefer something unlined that shows a little.

I have a question for the guys who have Tan thru suits? Does your pubic hair poke though? I know some of you are probably smooth or trim but I'm wondering for the full bush guys.

Also how see thru can they be? I have a PA and while I like the noticeable indentation of the ring showing, I don't want any shine of the jewelry to show through.

Thanks.

This post was edited

I've never had problems with pubic hair showing through but I think you may have a problem with sunlight glinting off any jewelry. The material is designed to let sunlight through and it works both ways.

This post was edited

I certainly do not have a speedo body, but hate the big floppy suits that are common place right now. I wear either spandex exercise shorts or sports underwear with a bit of a leg. For me they are comfortable, and they dry quickly. Have never had any trouble from anyone while wearing them in a pool or at the beach. The exercise shorts have a draw string, the underwear do not so diving might be out of the question with them.

This post was edited

Based on the recommendation of someone else on here (AndyandDi), I got a tan through suit to wear when I have to wear one. It is very light, almost like being naked. I got one of the swimsuit length suits, so it isn't too long. It definitely doesn't hide anything and I love how light it is. It also dries very quickly, which is one of the issues I always have with regular swimsuits.

This post was edited

I have worn many different styles except for board shorts. Ive never thought of them as suitable for swimming.

I liked speedo style suits for a while since they do dry fast and I once had a body that actually looked good in them. My only difficulty was fitting my equipment in them without appearing obscene.

It was on a Windjammer Barefoot Cruise many years ago that I gave up wearing them. That was when I finally gave up trying to hide something that just didnt want to be hidden. Fortunately the ladies on board didn't seem to mind at all.

Realizing that skinny dipping was not appropriate in many places, I tried mesh gym shorts (not the dumb looking knee- length kind). Unlined and lightweight, they also dried quickly.

Then I found the Cool Tan trunks. I wear them whenever I cant skinny dip. I wear them on the beach in Cabo and at the resort pools. No one has ever acted like they were offended and I still get silent, but smiling compliments from the ladies with or without them. Not bad for a guy my age.

This post was edited

I have worn many different styles except for board shorts. Ive never thought of them as suitable for swimming.I liked speedo style suits for a while since they do dry fast and I once had a body that actually looked good in them. My only difficulty was fitting my equipment in them without appearing obscene.It was on a Windjammer Barefoot Cruise many years ago that I gave up wearing them. That was when I finally gave up trying to hide something that just didnt want to be hidden. Fortunately the ladies on board didn't seem to mind at all.Realizing that skinny dipping was not appropriate in many places, I tried mesh gym shorts (not the dumb looking knee- length kind). Unlined and lightweight, they also dried quickly.Then I found the Cool Tan trunks. I wear them whenever I cant skinny dip. I wear them on the beach in Cabo and at the resort pools. No one has ever acted like they were offended and I still get silent, but smiling compliments from the ladies with or without them. Not bad for a guy my age.
How brief a style do you wear in tan through suits?

This post was edited

Based on the recommendation of someone else on here (AndyandDi), I got a tan through suit to wear when I have to wear one. It is very light, almost like being naked. I got one of the swimsuit length suits, so it isn't too long. It definitely doesn't hide anything and I love how light it is. It also dries very quickly, which is one of the issues I always have with regular swimsuits.
Have you tried a brief cut?

This post was edited